Polytheism

There is a boy that I know who believes in many gods. His friendshave asked me to try and bring him into Christianity thought I do not know the best way, or any good way for that matter, do try and do it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to answer polytheism?

[quote=SamG]There is a boy that I know who believes in many gods. His friendshave asked me to try and bring him into Christianity thought I do not know the best way, or any good way for that matter, do try and do it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to answer polytheism?
[/quote]

try philosophy. St. Thomas Aquinas proved that God was one and indivisible.

The best way is for you to speak about that which you know best, your own faith and faith experience. If what you have is truth, and better than what he has…if he sees something in your life that he lacks and wants…he will seek more.

I think it is a waste of time for a person to talk about another person’s faith, better to speak of your own, and trust the Spirit to speak through you.

cheddar

or you could try the line my son used on his pagan father at age 12…Which one of your 435 Gods is responsible for that dad? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

First and foremost, just do your best to be a good example, and pray for guidance. When you are doing things that aren’t the “quick and easy path” and are really putting yourself out for others, or denying things that other indulge in, and you are truly not upset in doing so, it will invariably lead others to wonder why you are different than other people that they see. Sometimes providing an example does a lot more good than coming up with a good speech. Which is not to say that you shouldn’t talk about your faith. Talk about it, but don’t club him over the head mercilessly. But don’t back down when your faith comes up either.

Several of my friends aren’t specifically attatched to a church, and many people I know of on other forums aren’t Christians, and are, by thier definition, pagans. I don’t always bring up my faith or proselytize, but when matters of faith and morality come up, I try to do my best to represent the faith in as good a light as possible. Just remember, something little that you do now may not seem to have an affect, but you never know when that act of kindness or that particular explanation of your faith will “click” with the person you were witnessing to, and they will really feel a change in their lives.

Just don’t get frustrated if God takes his own time in revealing Himself to your aquaintance.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.