Poor God

I feel sorry for God.
Imagine creating something you love and watch it being pulled this way and that way.
Im talking about religions in general, it must make him so upset to see us all fighting to see who is right and wrong etc.
How do you think God feels with all this fighting?
He is constantly watching what he created killing each other cause we dont agree with the way another worships him.
I cant really see this world coming to peace over religion and its differences, but i pray there will be peace between the religions and all the fighting and killing will stop, for Gods sake.
:gopray:

Well every parent sees their children squabbling and fighting amongst themselves at times - some see their children go way off the rails. It must be heartbreaking.

Remember, though, God did create us knowing how the story ends - knowing better than we do!

He knew all this in advance…and decided to do it anyway.

Hope this helps. :tiphat:

Yes I know it was all planned, but i just feel he must get upset sometimes…

Poor God even has to deal with the Evolutionary Church of ST. Darwin.

God allowed us to be tested under Free Will here on Earth, HE can effect changes on Earth, to cause it’s inhabitants to gravitate toward HIS True Church, but the people may catch on too easily and they all gravitate to the only True church, so HE allows us to be tested under all conditions. The Holy Spirit is supposed to be your Guide in life, if your living worthily, and then the Holy Spirit may guide you to a Church. All this is just my understanding.

With the Bible, Book of Mormon, ,Watch Tower, and the Qur’an, it makes it all confusing, but just having the New Testament, and studying it helps alot.

What is so troubling is that it is almost like Clothes washing Detergents like Tide, All, ERA, like which one is the best one. Like if everybody found that Tide did the best, that would be the only one going off the shelves.

There is a song by Point of Grace that reminds me of what you say.
Begin With Me
**Lord I know sometimes you look down and shake your head

When we know what we should do and do the other thing instead

We’re living in glass houses and we’re throwing sticks and stones

The love that will come to us is the love that we have shown

Ignite a fire in my spirit–and when I want to make a difference–this will be my prayer

Chorus
Begin with me
turn my world upside down
come change my heart around
Lord keep on washing me clean
Begin with me
Come and renew my mind
And lead me to the light
Till I am more like you Jesus
Begin, begin with me

Have you ever noticed how we love to give advice

We offer up suggestions without thinkin twice

We have 20/20 vision when we’re watching someone else

But it’s a little blurry when we’re looking at ourselves

I cant forget to check the mirror

That’s where I’ll find the only one that He wants me to change

Chorus

Starting right here right now–Lord I surrender to you

Ready to serve ready to love
Because that is all that matters in the end

Chorus**

This song really helps me when I start to feel judgemental.:thumbsup:

Even though there is pain in God’s heart, think of the joy He finds for those who DO follow the Truth and try to make it known to the whole world!

ps- I was reading about the great flood and it is recorded that God’s heart was full of pain. Can you imagine that?! It makes me want to cry and go to reconciliation right now!:blush:

Hey dolphin

I wonder the same as you sometimes, I think some days He must have a headache “this big”, Im sure He appreciates us all caring for Him.

And you know its the biggest “evidence” that He is Love. Being God He could just get out the ole’ smitting stick, wipe us all off and start again. But He chooses not too, because He holds to His promises.

What love to “stick it out” with a bunch of bickering, complaining, disobedient lot we are, and have Hope that we will turn out all right. I think He has more Faith in us, than us in Him.

Why would an omniscient being require faith or hope?

Dolphinlove,

God not only watches but is there in the thick of it…suffering in those who suffer! That is why we must take great pains not to hurt anyone, less we are hurting God.

I do not think there are many wars fought over religion. I think all true believers are moved by the Holy Spirit. I think that it is largely political factions using religion. Religion is a soft target.

But we all have a responsibility to be Ambassadors of Peace. That is where I think Christ would want us to be :slight_smile:

Religion is the worst thing that ever happened to this world.

Tons and tons of books about the religions of the world have been printed. The figure is beyond count. Many religious people are totally blinded by the good deeds system. They have no concept of the doctrine of the total depravity of man (that all men are corrupt, evil, sinful and unable to please God in their own human efforts). They think of “total depravity” in terms of people who lie around in the gutter. Actually, those individuals who lie around in the gutters might be respectable compared to some religious people.

The sins of religious people are amongst the most awful sins of all. The sin of pride for example is fantastic. The sin of legalism is the system of trying to impress God with something you can do, rather than be impressed with what God has done through Jesus Christ.

Let’s consider a religious person talked about in the Bible. His name was Nicodemus. He was a very well educated man. He was a Pharisee (religious leader). Nicodemus was a very proud, vain, legalistic and hypocritical man. He came to Jesus at night, for Nicodemus was a very busy man. No doubt, he hoped to impress Jesus with his flattery. He addressed Jesus as “Rabbi” To Nicodemus, Jesus was a teacher, nothing more. Though Nicodemus had a body and a soul, his spirit was dead. He had no ability to fellowship with God, because he was “spiritually dead”. He had never been born spiritually.

If you are to be “born from above” or “born-again”, you must accept Jesus Christ as your Savior

Romans008:035 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
008:036 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
008:037 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
008:038 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
008:039 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Dolphin and I are attempting to see the world through the Lords eyes, if I in my ways would be God I cannot understand the patience and love He has for us. He does not need to put Himself out whatsoever, but He does.

Just as loving Father would for their child, hoping for them, believing in them, nuturing them to be all they can be. When we are down on ourselves He has “faith” in us, that we can do it. Think of the things He has asked of say Moses. Moses didnt think he could do it and tried many excuses. But the Lord had “faith” in him to accomplish the task.

I understand what you are attempting to do.

My point was that “faith” and “hope” in this context implies that one does not and can not know the outcome, but “hopes” or “has faith” that the end will be positive (“What love to “stick it out” with a bunch of bickering, complaining, disobedient lot we are, and have Hope that we will turn out all right. I think He has more Faith in us, than us in Him.”).

An omniscient being (such as the Catholic Church teaches God is) already knows exactly what will happen in all situations, irregardless of the teaching that humans have free will. Nothing is, and by definition cannot, be a surprise. To say otherwise would seem to me to be to say that the Christian God is not omniscient.

You hit the nail on the head with what im thinking Kitty!

:blush: inspired by you shuffles paws

Its nice to find someone who shares these thoughts, Im glad you were not offended when I included you in that discription.

To ponder the Love of the Creator and why He would do what He does is humbling. Ive often thought He made me a parent, so I could get a tiny glimpse of what it is from His side.

Karen

while God is indeed omniscient and does know all, We are speaking of His, I really dont know how to describe it, if your looking for labels or definations. Perhaps His soul, His Love, His heart, the part of Him that Loves us deeply. (Catholics here probably have the term I need, I dont)

I put “” “” around faith and hope because Im speaking of how a Father sees a child. Sometimes a earthly Father actually knows what will happen, but they still “hope” and have “faith” in their child.

Also, if I understand you, you are saying that because He knows whats going to happen He is without sorrow or emotion and should not be,

I would respond to you the verse “Jesus wept” Our Lord knew what would happen, but He wept.

His Love, we cannot understand, only try to. :slight_smile:

Of course i dont mind! :slight_smile:
Yes, i often ponder on a lot of things, ive not had the chance to bare a child yet, but hopefully its in his plans for me…
Your truly blessed Kitty! God must smile on you a LOT!

WOW, I had no idea God was such a lousy craftsman. Who would of thunk that he tried to make us in his image and likeness and missed the mark by so much. :rolleyes:

[SIGN]YEAH, RIGHT![/SIGN]

Who’s doctrine is that, anyway? Don’t you have to have a church (ie. RELIGION) to have DOCTRINES?? :shrug:

John Calvin

cresourcei.org/tulip.html

In Islam, it is sinful to have any kind of sympathy for the Creator because to do so would be to believe that He needs anything at all from His creations.

God cannot feel hurt because this would be a sign of weakness and God is not weak.

And so, the creations should feel no pity at all for their Creator and instead should save all of their sympathy for their fellow creations… and also for their own selves on the Day of Judgment in the event that they are seen to have failed the test of life in the eyes of their Creator.

The good news is that it is the Creator who is the Most Merciful and it is the creations who would really need His Mercy towards them on that Day.

However, the not so good news is that the creations need to earn this Mercy according to the expectations of their Creator.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.