Pope Admits Illegal Migration Linked to Begging Rackets, Organ Trafficking, Prostitution

This could have gone in “World News” or “Catholic News”.

Pope Admits Illegal Migration Linked to Begging Rackets, Organ Trafficking, Prostitution

Breitbart London 29 Jul 2018

VATICAN CITY (AP) – Pope Francis is urging everyone to combat the “shameful crime” of human trafficking, noting that it’s often linked to migrant smuggling.

In remarks Sunday to the public in St. Peter’s Square, Francis decried that many adults and children are trafficked into slavery for forced labour, sex businesses, organ trafficking, begging rackets and other criminal activities. . . .

The Holy Father’s talks are normally available on the Vatican website.

No need for a Breitbart translation.

For those who wouldn’t think to go to the
Vatican website, Breitbart offers the story as do many other news organizations I imagine.

Perhaps it is a good lesson in not encouraging a mass movement of people under the pretext of compassion which directly causes much evil due to factors that are beyond your control.

The Italian electorate gets it. There has to be Italian control.

It is odd to me that the Vatican News’ report of Pope Francis’ remarks in St. Peter’s Square on Sunday, July 29, 2018 makes no mention of the those reported by Breitbart.

Reflecting on the parable of the multiplication of the loaves and fish, Pope Francis said the Gospel invites us to be "open and industrious” in the face of humanity’s “cry” of hunger. He also invited those present not to waste the resources of the world and to promote programmes of development, not destruction.

Capitalism Holy Father. The word is capitalism.

F_Marturana . .

No need for a Breitbart translation.

I will choose for myself which stories and sources to post F_Marturana.

This was all done today and was not yet up on the Vatican website.

I think that the Vatican News report casts doubt on Breitbart reporting - since it makes no mention at all of the matters reported by Breitbart. Actually, until Vatican News corroborates Breitbart, I will consider the Breitbart account untrue.

HCTC . . .

I think that the Vatican News report
casts doubt on Breitbart reporting - since it makes no mention at all of the matters reported by Breitbart.

Then you owe the Breitbart people an apology here for your besmirching them here on this thread HCTC.

The VERY PAGE from the Vatican news page YOU ALLUDED to (cited here above) suggests going to read about THAT STORY (the one I posted from Breitbart).

(See “READ ALSO” in the screen capture below)

By the way. It is still NOT posted on the page I was alluding to.

And HERE is the Vatican News source too.

Thank you. In my opinion, it would have been better to wait for the Vatican News reporting:

Pope calls for a firm stand against ‘shameful crime’ of human trafficking

Pope Francis on Sunday looked ahead to the World Day against Trafficking in Persons, marked each year on 30 July, and said it is everyone’s responsibility to take a stand against the shameful crime.

By Linda Bordoni
Pope Francis has appealed to all men and women of goodwill to take responsibility, denounce injustice and stand firm against the “shameful crime” of human trafficking.

Addressing the faithful gathered in St. Peter’s Square for the Sunday Angelus, the Pope recalled that Monday, 30 July, is World Day against Trafficking in Persons, promoted by the United Nations.

“This scourge, he said, reduces many men, women and children to slavery”.

It’s aim, he continued, is to exploit them for cheap labour, for the sex trade, for the trade of organs, to force them to beg or to engage in delinquency.

Francis also highlighted the fact that “the routes of migration are also often used by traffickers and exploiters to recruit new victims of trafficking”.
Pope Francis has repeatedly denounced human trafficking, which is believed to claim 40 milliion victims worldwide, calling it a “crime against humanity.”

The Church marks 8 February, the feast day of St Josephine Bakhita, as the International Day of Prayer and Awareness against Human Trafficking. The patron saint of Sudan’s life was a journey from slavery to freedom and faith, and her life story inspires hope in the face of indifference and exploitation.

HCTC . .

Thank you. In my opinion, it would have been better to wait for the Vatican News reporting:

You are welcome.

But you still owe Breitbart an apology here.

I’m confused. How is anything the Pope said an “admission”? Every person with an ounce of sense knows this goes on, and the Pope knows it goes on. It’s not like we’ve been trying to pretend it doesn’t.

I owe Breitbart no such thing. In my opinion, their headline is offensive; Pope Francis never refers to “illegal” migration. “Pope Admits Illegal Migration Linked to Begging Rackets, Organ Trafficking, Prostitution” makes it sound as if the Holy Father has decided that migrants are the cause of “begging rackets” etc. rather than the victims. What he actually said is: “Francis also highlighted the fact that ‘the routes of migration are also often used by traffickers and exploiters to recruit new victims of trafficking.’” That’s quite a bit different than the sensationalized (and untrue) Brietbart headline.

You should stick to Vatican News reporting.

HCTC . . .

I owe Breitbart no such thing. In my opinion, their headline is offensive . . .

Now you are changing your objection from lack of believability to YOU being “offended”.

You don’t have to make this about “you” HCTC.

Just do the right thing and apologize.

Everybody makes foolish mistakes. Just admit it, apologise, and move on. That is reasonable don’t you think?

You put up a ridiculous post (we all do that now and then). It is not that big of a deal (with your apology).

My “story” has not changed. Breitbart posted an offensive and untrue headline. The Vatican News report (which I did not see until you finally posted it) was accurate. When it comes to reporting about Pope Francis, you should stick to Vatican News.

HCTC . . .

When it comes to reporting about Pope Francis, you should stick to Vatican News.

You still owe Breitbart an apology.

You will have a long, long wait. Breitbart once again attempted to use Pope Francis for their political agenda.

After making an inappropriate comment about Breitbart News, then being called on it, you are now shifting the issue to . . . .

YOUR FEELINGS (your “offense” at not the story but now it is the “title” – you are morphing your complaint to).

I suggested apologizing to Breitbart News after the harm you caused. I reaffirmed that suggestion.

Your reply?

You will have a long, long wait.

The apology isn’t for “me” HCTC. (So I won’t have anything to wait for)

In a sense it is not even for Breitbart (although in another sense it is).

The main beneficiary of this apology would be you.

I’d use the word distortion meself, which is I know what you meant anyway. Breitbart will try and pounce on anything it can in the talk to get it to mirror its agenda.

The respect for the Holy Father just rolls of that post…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.