Pope: answering God with the heart protects against ideologies

Every time I read what this man says, I feel more and more at home in the Church…

**Vatican City, Apr 19, 2013 / 07:15 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Pope Francis spent his homily today reflecting on responding to God’s invitations with the heart and not just the intellect, since this leads to ideologies that falsify the Gospel and weigh down the Church.

“The ideologues falsify the gospel. Every ideological interpretation, wherever it comes from – from (whatever side) – is a falsification of the Gospel,” Pope Francis said April 19 at a Mass he celebrated for employees of the Vatican’s printing press and newspaper.

catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-answering-god-with-the-heart-protects-against-ideologies/

:thumbsup:

(1 Corinthians 13)
“If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.”

Indeed, Our Holy Father is enlightened with the message of Christ!

I don’t know how long I was waiting for someone to come right out and say this. Our ship is in good hands.

God bless our Pope, the great, the good. :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting, what a blessing this new Pope is to our Church and the world.

I’m so grateful to the Holy Spirit for giving us Pope Francis. Everything I’ve read so far has been from the heart and put in a way that everyone can understand and benefit from.

[SIGN]God Bless Pope Francis![/SIGN]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.