Pope baptizes Nigerian hero-beggar in Easter Vigil

see https://www.pressherald.com/2018/03/31/pope-baptizes-hero-beggar-in-easter-vigil/

He had been begging for spare change when he disarmed a robber armed with a meat cleaver, with his bare hands. Then he disappeared, fearing he was in trouble because his papers were not in order. But he was far from in trouble when they found him, and seen as a hero.

“If Pope Francis or the president of the republic could do something for me I would be the happiest man in the world,” he was quoted as saying. “I don’t want to be a hero."

He asked the Italian police captain who handled his case to be his godfather.

4 Likes

This man in my book earned any keep he may have had with the government of Italy or Vatican City.

God bless him.

God bless him…if this had been on the streets of America, and if this thread would have appeared on World News, we might see him being dismissed as an anomaly rather than a righteous person…go figure.

1 Like

Or we might not. Lacking the ability to see alternate realities, the wise should probably keep such statements to themselves lest they be seen as someone who merely has an axe to grind.

Perhsps WE should, but apparently neither of us should assume we are in the group of the eise, huh?

Striving for wisdom is a bad thing??

Striving is a good thing, but pointing at a lack of others is rather condescending.

How? (10 characters)

Seen your stuff before, i have no patience to fall for bait…sign me out of this one.

That’s a shame, I would have been interested to hear the answer. Peace out.

AS we have all seen yours, it is a good idea to bow out. you normally have very little to offer other than negative opinion and innuendo.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.