Pope Benedict DVDs

Friends, does anyone know if there is a DVD available covering the visit of His Holiness to the Holy Land last year?

I know there is a lot of footage on ewtn, but cannot find a DVD!

Was there ever one made?

Thank you.:)

I haven’t come across any DVD. I suppose you couls always take EWTN’s archived video from the trip and burn your own DVD. I don’t think that would be illegal, provided you don’t turn around and try selling it, of course.

Wait a sec. At the end of everything I have seen on EWTN, including of news footage, there is always a spot for ordering a DVD of what you just saw. Obviously, there might not be an EWTN-issued DVD of a continuous five-hour or six-hour live broadcast (it probably wouldn’t be cost-effective for them do it.) Yet, would there not have been a “World Over” special edition that covered this?

[quote="havana1, post:3, topic:213158"]
Wait a sec. At the end of everything I have seen on EWTN, including of news footage, there is always a spot for ordering a DVD of what you just saw. Obviously, there might not be an EWTN-issued DVD of a continuous five-hour or six-hour live broadcast (it probably wouldn't be cost-effective for them do it.) Yet, would there not have been a "World Over" special edition that covered this?

[/quote]

Maybe they weren't the ones to tape it and thus they don't have the rights to sell it?

Here is the World Over DVD from May 15, 2009, which addressed the papal visit to the Holy Land. I have no idea how much actual footage of the visit it would have vs. how much is Raymond Arroyo talking about the visit.

I tried searching their site several ways. If they had a separate DVD, I would think it would be categorized under Home Page / MULTIMEDIA / EWTN HOME VIDEO / Papal alongside the DVDs of Benedict's 2008 trip to the U.S. But there's nothing there. :shrug:

Of course, you can also get the full text of his addresses from the visit right on the Vatican website, but I know that's not what the OP is looking for. :(

Thanks ever so much for the suggestions, much appreciated. I thought I was slipping slightly when I couldn’t find a dvd out there!

I want the footage for purely personal use and maybe will try to download from the web site and burn a DVD.

I’ll also look into the World Over DVD too. Even if it doesn’t have much footage, it might still be a good thing to have.

Thanks again friends. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.