Pope Francis Appoints Two New U.S. Bishops

**"On Monday, April 8, 2013, he chose Bishop Michael Jackels of Wichita to become the Archbishop of Dubuque, Iowa and Monsignor John Folda, rector of St. Gregory the Great Seminary in Lincoln, Nebraska, as the Bishop of Fargo, North Dakota.

Both of these gifted servants of the Lord are doctrinally orthodox, holy, happy and faithful to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church. Pope Francis, in his first time up at bat, sent a signal which bodes well for the years in which he will serve as the Servant of the servants of God."**

Read More: catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=50440#.UWRRYWcQVzp.facebook

This is a wonderful sign…I love the sound of it…doctrinally orthodox! :thumbsup:

As a Wichita resident, I will miss Bishop Jackels! :bighanky:

Before he came here, we were without a bishop for quite some time. Hopefully Pope Francis will find us another good shepherd for our diocese as soon as possible! :gopray:

As a resident of the Archdiocese of Dubuque, I will be glad to have him. :smiley:

Quote you in full. This is awesome news.

Amen to that. I think we learn more and more about Pope Francis in his appointments.

:stuck_out_tongue: (just kidding - you will like him and your Archdiocese will be blessed!)

Great news :slight_smile:

Regarding Bishop Jackels and the disposition of Fr. Leslie (Doug) Campbell

articles.kwch.com/2010-06-24/contest-plea_24080585

cliffjudy.wordpress.com/2010/06/17/another-background-check-story-with-a-twist-theres-a-priest-this-time/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.