Pope Francis asks Knights to defend life and 'authentic' marriage

In case there was any doubt lately. Of course the mainstream media will not report this.

"Pope Francis also highlighted the role the Knights of Columbus play in helping Catholics as “protectors of creation, protectors of God’s plan inscribed in nature, protectors of one another and of the environment.”

He urged each Knight to “bear witness to the authentic nature of marriage and the family, the sanctity and inviolable dignity of human life, and the beauty and truth of human sexuality.”

Full Article:

romereports.com/palio/modules.php?name=AvantGo&file=print&sid=10785

I’m sure the Knights are up to defending life and other thoughts the Pope had. :slight_smile:
Mary.

:thumbsup:

As of this post, the mainstream media has yet to pick up the quote on authentic marriage.
Google News search here.

I kind of like the phrase “authentic marriage.” I had a problem with “traditional” marriage because it seemed like the novel marriages were still marriages, but just not traditional. But authentic refers to the real thing. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.