Pope Francis claims global economy is close to collapse and describes youth unemployment rates as an ‘atrocity’ in damning message

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2657724/Pope-Francis-claims-global-economy-close-collapse-describes-youth-unemployment-rates-atrocity-damning-message.html

[LIST]
*]Roman Catholic leader warned that the economy ‘cannot take it anymore’
*]He blasted the ‘idolatrous’ economy for discarding a ‘whole generation’
*]The 77-year-old also criticised profits made from making and selling arms
[/LIST]

It was recently on McLaughlin Group that our own umemployment rate for youth was very high.

It is somewhere between 17 to 27%/

1/4 of youth looking for employment actually getting it is high??

What is the definition of “youth” HH is using?

I think you got that turned around.

ICXC NIKA

Ah gotcha! :thumbsup:

:blessyou:, pope Francis! It was about time for the tenants of modernism and godless culture be blasted by this highest authority on earth. At last, many are faced with the truth that has been known for some time now, that global economy is on the verge of collapse. What a dark night will befall western civilization when that happens. Though, some will still deny that there is any crisis, in modern culture or in the Church, today. The modernists never expected for such a pope with ardent desire for the truth. :knight2:
Again, :blessyou:, pope Francis!

The youth are getting high. That is one of the problems…

I thought trickle down was bad… and we’ve had the anti-trickle down economics president for nearly 6 years. How could this be happening? :eek:

Ishii

Seems like all unemployment is up. So what’s the solution?

Pope Francis

What can the Church do to reduce the growing inequality between the rich and the poor?

It’s proven that with the food that is left over we could feed the people who are hungry. When you see photographs of undernourished kids in different parts of the world, you take your head in your hand, it incomprehensible. I believe that we are in a world economic system that isn’t good. At the center of all economic systems must be man, man and woman, and everything else must be in service of this man. But we have put money at the center, the god of money. We have fallen into a sin of idolatry, the idolatry of money.

The economy is moved by the ambition of having more and, paradoxically, it feeds a throwaway culture. Young people are thrown away when their natality is limited. The elderly are also discarded because they don’t serve any use anymore, they don’t produce, this passive class… In throwing away the kids and elderly, the future of a people is thrown away because the young people are going to push forcefully forward and because the elderly give us wisdom. They have the memory of that people and they have to pass it on to the young people. And now also it is in style to throw the young people away with unemployment. The rate of unemployment is very worrisome to me, which in some countries is over 50%. Someone told me that 75 million young Europeans under 25 years of age are unemployed. That is an atrocity. But we are discarding an entire generation to maintain an economic system that can’t hold up anymore, a system that to survive must make war, as the great empires have always done. But as a Third World War can’t be done, they make zonal wars. What does this mean? That they produce and sell weapons, and with this the balance sheets of the idolatrous economies, the great world economies that sacrifice man at the feet of the idol of money, obviously they are sorted. This unique thought takes away the wealth of diversity of thought and therefore the wealth of a dialogue between peoples. Well understood globalization is a wealth. Poorly understood globalization is that which nullifies differences. It is like a sphere in which all points are equidistant from the center. A globalization that enriches is like a polyhedron, all united but each preserving its particularity, its wealth, its identity, and this isn’t given. And this does not happen.

catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-francis-interview-with-la-vanguardia—full-text-45430/

Peace

WOW… I knew I liked Pope Francis. He has a deeper understanding of economics than world’s central banks and 99% + of all economists.

One thing we know for certain: There will be change, profound change! Have faith then, and pray for inner peace!

LOVE! :heart:

:smiley:

I agree with Francis. I live in Slovenia, European union and unemployment here is growing, most notably among our youth. There is a high chance that you won’t get a job, so you are forced to go working to another country.

That along with the new mentality among our young people is lethal. Younger generations are not so interested in marrying, creating a stable family, but instead they are more interested in having fun, living “free” and working as little as possible. Money is the god of our society, people want more and more, not caring about morals or common good. Individualism is destroying our world.

That being said, i believe that the global economy is on the brink of collapsing and that there is little chance of stopping it.

Eastern Europe is devastated by this new trend, that one must find a job in another, more developed country, It’s effects can already be seen. Children that grew up without parents. The idea of a parent is someone who sends everything I desire, but rarely do I actually meet them. They’ve become a sort of Santa Claus. he always brings something, but you never get to actually know him. These are the orphans of both parents, with both of them actually living. With one, or both parents gone to work in another country, most likely each in different countries, trust and fidelity decrease dramatically, unity almost but nonexistent. Most likely no brothers or sisters. The perfect human, with no emotion, is born. The robots of the future living among us. A child that has no roots, has no future, will have no faith, nor respect for human dignity, neither his, nor other’s. This may look as a scenario from a film, but the first batch is coming in, with adults in their 20’s. All in the name of money and the American dream, that has ravaged Europe. Personal freedom and comfort is placed above existence itself. It’s more important to having a 4 room apartment, then having a 4 child family.

The Pope is dead on correct here. I have been hearing more and more about some major breakdown in the financial world that many say will happen late 2014 into early 2015. Ive been hearing about this from CEOs, investment company founders, and many other business people, the way they are talking, it will be pretty bad.

I think alot of people will be shocked to see this happen, but I wont be that surprised, after all, a nation cant keep ‘fudging numbers’ and printing money in an attempt to get of trouble, whats difference from a street counterfeiter and the Fed nowadays? LOL

I dont think gold is the answer either, that will likely plummet when everything else does, so…? Im just trying to save as much cash as I can, and keeping it OUT of my credit union acct, keeping it at home instead, because I have a feeling when this day comes, all banks, credit unions and financial institutions will be closed down.

Probably not a bad idea for people to take their money out of banks before this time comes, I dont think banks will allow withdrawls when and if something like this happens.

I dont think gold is the answer either, that will likely plummet when everything else does

Why not? Gold cannot be printed.

The youth are getting high. That is one of the problems…

Sloth and living in Mommys’ basements.

I thought trickle down was bad… and we’ve had the anti-trickle down economics president for nearly 6 years. How could this be happening?

If by “trickle down” meaning the free marketplace…

:idea:

Because it was worse than he first thought and needs more time. Also, the republicans in Congress, even when they had no real power from 2009-2011. :whacky:

I didn’t know the pope was an economics prognosticator. And I wasn’t aware that youth unemployment was a function of the current state of the economy. Rather - it seems to be more due to the culture and values we live in. In America so many young people seem unwilling to do menial, entry level jobs that youth used to do. So we have to import illegal immigrant workers to do the jobs. And college graduates going into debt in the tens of thousands to get useless liberal arts degrees wonder why they can’t find a job. In other words, there is much more to the issue - at least in America. Maybe there would be more jobs if the government got out of the way and allowed the private sector to take off.

Ishii

When that happens, I’ll buy more of it. More for my heirs. There is only so much of it, and the governments, though they don’t want to admit it, like to keep as much of it as possible.

Don’t forget silver and platinum as well.

Im just trying to save as much cash as I can, and keeping it OUT of my credit union acct, keeping it at home instead, because I have a feeling when this day comes, all banks, credit unions and financial institutions will be closed down.

Probably not a bad idea for people to take their money out of banks before this time comes, I dont think banks will allow withdrawls when and if something like this happens.

Hopefully people learned their lesson from the housing market’s bubble and the crisis of 2008.

I don’ t think he means to instruct us on how to save for tomorrow but how to spen or give to those who can’ get through this day , today.
A change of heart , for here and now.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.