Pope Francis: Consistent prayer strengthens us

8 Likes

This resonated:

“First and foremost, it possesses primacy: it is the first desire of the day, something that is practiced at dawn, before the world awakens. It restores a soul to that which otherwise would be without breath. A day lived without prayer risks being transformed into a bothersome or tedious experience: all that happens to us could turn into a badly endured and blind fate. ”

8 Likes

‘Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.’ - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

3 Likes

Out of likes :frowning:

So a heart :heart:

2 Likes

How do you run out of likes?

We’re only allowed a certain number of likes to give out in a day. I don’t know how many that is, but I have run out, too.

50, 75, or 100 likes daily, depending on your user level.

It’s not per calendar day. It’s per 24-hour rolling window. That is, you can keep liking until you reach N likes in the last 24 hours, no matter how that 24-hour window is aligned with the day.

3 Likes

Ah, now I know.

Amen to that. Most of the problems we have in this world would be solved if more people prayed consistently.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.