Pope Francis denounces 'horror' of abortion

“It is horrific even to think that there are children, victims of abortion, who will never see the light of day,” he said in part of the speech that addressed the rights of children around the world.

“Unfortunately, what is thrown away is not only food and dispensable objects, but often human beings themselves, who are discarded as unnecessary.”

bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25723422

I’m surprised, but very glad, to see the BBC pick this story up. The media has been ignoring most of the pro-life things he has said.

:thumbsup:

google.ca/#q=pope+abortion+horror

BBC was first on this search of which news agencies are covering this.

Catholic forums is third on the list.

This isn’t the first time that Pope Francis has said something that is strongly against the evil of abortion.

Reuters’ headline: “Pope, after conservatives’ criticism, calls abortion ‘horrific’”.

The media seems to like to report that Pope Francis makes statements to please a section of people, like a sleazy politican would to garner votes.

Quiet a lot of news websites seems to have covered this story.

Awesome, thank you Papa!

I just looked up this article. It is pure rubbish. They give only one example to back up their sweeping claim that Catholic conservatives are dissatisfied with our Pope. According to them, one bishop criticized the Pope, and they take that and apply it to all Catholic conservatives. And they don’t make a distinction between SSPX, who may be called conservative, and Catholic conservatives who are in communion with Rome. This is a clever distraction to turn the negative eye of scrutiny unjustly on all devout Catholics so that people won’t notice the wrongs of the media with regard to our Pope.

Not to mention there are plenty of Catholic pro lifers who are not conservative.

The corporate media, once again, fails to understand religion or religious feeling, period. At least the kind thwt does not involve the worship of money.

Around 30% of Democrats are pro-life.

So they don’t vote for pro abortion candidates?

Yes but the platform is PRO ABORTION. Not pro ‘choice’ but very militantly and blatantly pro abortion. I truly do not know how those Democrats stay in the party when the highlighted guests at the DNC are promoters of evil like Cecile Richards and where a group of Democrats hold hands and pray for Planned Parenthood and Obama says “God bless Planned Parenthood.”

It’s frightening and evil. The Democrat party has become the party of death–abortion, birth control and gay marriage :eek:

Lisa

It’s comical yet sad they can’t think about anything except in terms of politics.

The pope says what he says because…wait for it…oh my goodness…he’s Catholic!!! :bigyikes: :hypno:

Well, its sad to say, just talking the talk will not do anything to stop abortion, its going to take action by alot of dedicated people acting together, and will have to stop worrying about law enforcement/ mans laws, authority, and Govt, in this fight, they are the ones who are keeping this legal murder going, and are not going to back down without a fight.

Why is it, they are the only ones who are authorized to bring out the force when it comes to issues? Kind of tips the scales in their favor IMO.

Maybe militias should be utilized in this fight? Many of them know alot about military and battle planning, and devise a plan to stop this once and for all. If Im not mistaken, is not their entire purpose to fight against unjust laws and Govts, or Govts out of control, and they were quite respected in the past, but in modern times, it is strange the media and Govt have brainwashed the masses into thinking of them as domestic terrorists LOL Gee, what reason could they possibly have for doing a thing like that? LOL

Pro-choice candidates. The choice is if you want to have an abortion, that’s your business. If you don’t want to have one, that’s your business.

And yes, I’d sooner vote for a pro-choice candidate, especially when the GOP thinks that running candidates like McCain/Palin and Romney/Ryan are wise choices to make.

The thing is, I’m old enough to remember when GOP candidates were sane.

I love Pope Francis.

That will be all.

:thumbsup:

If you don’t like slavery don’t own a slave…

I can’t believe you would advance that poor old dead fish of an argument. The point is that we as Catholics want life protected from conception until natural death. Womb to tomb as one priest commented. That’s easy to remember.

I do not think women should have a choice to kill an unborn baby. The baby should have the same rights to life as does the mother.

When you reconverted, did anyone explain Catholic Social Teaching to you? It’s an essential element of our life as Catholics. Voting for a pro-abortion candidate like Obama is being complicit in the evil he promotes. You really cannot rationalize this if you want to be a faithful Catholic. Please avail yourself of the information on this subject.

Llisa

I’m old enough to remember when the Democrat party had not become the party of death.

The choice we are talking about is allowing people to pay someone to kill their child.You can use as many euphemisms as you want but the end result is still a dead baby.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.