Pope Francis Homily

News VA …the official Vatican Network reported 2013 Homily where in Pope Francis’ Homily he stated “God in Christ takes on our sins and became the sinner for us”…and further stated that when we go to confession, for example, it isn’t that we say our sins and God forgives us. No not that we look for Jesus Christ and say “this is your sin” and I will sin again, and Jesus likes that because it was His mission to become the sinner for us, to liberate us"…could you kindly explain what this means in some manner that I might understand his Holiness’ comments in this Homily. thank you and Pax Tecum

You mean this quote?

en.radiovaticana.va/storico/2013/06/15/pope_the_christian_life_proclaims_the_road_to_reconcilation_with_god/en1-701813

As you mentioned, it’s over 3 years old. Please tell me it wasn’t brought to your recent attention via the Remnant? :rolleyes: Stay away from that site/paper and others like it that are hostile to the Church!

catholicculture.org/culture/reviews/view.cfm?recnum=3155

I also heard about this, the part I bolded is obvious heresy, so I am very doubtful Pope Francis said that, hopefully someone can provide us with an accurate transcript and if he did say that, then hopefully it was not meant the way it clearly is here. Doesn’t look good if he did actually say that (I am very doubtful), and worse if he actually meant it like that (Even more doubtful). Nevertheless, we should pray for our Holy Father.

I hope this has helped, Merry Christmas and God Bless You

Thank you for reading
Josh

It is the homily on March 15,2016.

It is " sin". ‘Si è fatto peccato’. ( sinner would be “peccatore” but he says " peccato",sin)

it.radiovaticana.va/news/2016…l_male/1215439

As in St. Paul s “For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” (2 Cor 5:21).

And he makes reference to the passages where Moses is asked to put a serpent on a pole and raise it.

tv2000.it/prega-con-noi/2016/03/15/omelia-di-papa-francesco-a-santa-marta-del-15-marzo-2016/

You can listen to that homiliy in italian in this link.

Merry Christmas!

There are several links going around for this one…the best link I can find to a (seemingly) official English translation is this one:

en.radiovaticana.va/storico/2013/06/15/pope_the_christian_life_proclaims_the_road_to_reconcilation_with_god/en1-701813

An Italian version:

it.radiovaticana.va/storico/2013/06/15/il_papa_il_cristiano_non_pensa_alla_sua_pace%2C_ma_va_sulle_strade_a/it1-701752

A forum poster at this link: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=802790 challenges the English translation on the grounds that the Spanish version does not say “I will sin again” but “I make you become sin again.” I’m not sure if the Spanish or the Italian came first, but that translation from the Spanish seems helpful if accurate.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.