Pope Francis possible seeking to end Latin Mass permission

What does everyone think of this?

Hmmm. Article published 9 months ago. Nothing has happened. Looks to me like pot-stirring. Don’t take the bait people.

29 Likes

He can’t end it. If he does, more people will leave Rome.

3 Likes

Ditto
10 characters

4 Likes

The one cited source is from LifeSite News. The only thing I trust from them is their prolife content- Their trad stuff is about as reliable as Breitbart or Drudge Report

15 Likes

“Sources inside the Vatican . . .” No names, no positions, no dates. And the article doesn’t even try to sound objective.

I call hogwash.

12 Likes

I don’t take it seriously. Why would Francis want to end TLM? What harm is it causing? Must not be true.

5 Likes

This…

6 Likes

Let’s hope so…

I think it’s always a good idea, before posting, to check one sources, including dates. Anyone who did would have seen, “Wait, that article is from July 2017, is there anything more recent?” And would also have checked these forums on the topic and seen, “Wow, that article was discussed back when it occurred” and then, hopefully, would have had a second thought, “I don’t really need to post this. At best it will be seen as somebody being careless with dates, at worst it will be seen as Pope-bashing, and in no way will it lead to anything good. . .so why bother?”

10 Likes

I’m sure the Pope realizes that in taking the TLM away, it will have negative consequences. There is no reason to take away a beautiful form of the mass that many love.

I’m sure the reporters are not giving the whole story and want to create hysteria as some already have said in this thread

5 Likes

Don’t know why a poster post news like that. Don’t understand it.

2 Likes

i think its too easy to scam you

critical thinking, mate!

4 Likes

critical thinking bridgetN. dont be scammed into click bait

4 Likes

There are bound to be new regulations in regards to Latin mass. If there are just enough priests to celebrate vernacular mass, in some places the number of Latin masses could possibly be reduced.

But a lot of “ifs” there, as far as dumping the Latin mass completely, I just don’t see it.

1 Like

Notice OP remains silent? Drive by posting?

4 Likes

This is almost a year old and the “sources” are anonymous “insiders” who told LifeSite, which has a very ponounced anti Pope Francis bias this highly dubious information. I am sorry, but unless there is better information, i will just assume this is not accurate.

3 Likes

Breitbart and Drudge are both reliable sources!

1 Like

If you are looking for confirmation bias. Otherwise, no, they are by no means objective or reliable. Breitbart, in particular, is meant to reinforce certain political views.

Breitbart would not be any different than Huffington Post or Daily Kos.
However, it would not be fake news.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.