Pope Francis Voters Guide?

I received an email from: Catholicsinalliance.org notifying of the release of “the Pope Francis Voter Guide”. (popefrancis16.com/, please follow this link to read)

I believe this presentation of the “Pope Francis Voter Guide” is disturbing and deceitful. This is not Pope Francis’s Voter guide. He had nothing to do with compiling or presenting this document.

They state this guide was published by “Pope Francis Team” (listed below) which I believe is deceitful as Pope Francis had nothing to do with organizing or approving this team. I don’t believe any of the “national Catholic organization” team members have been approved by Pope Francis.

They make a light hearted effort to clarify that they don’t represent the Catholic Church; however these statements are buried in lastly paragraphs. The overall representation is that this is truthfully “Pope Francis’s Voters Guide.”

When I emailed them they responded: “Many of the organizations listed are official entities of the Roman Church, and all are listed in the official Catholic directory.”

Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good
Columban Center for Advocacy and Outreach
Conference of Major Superiors of Men
Faith in Public Life: Catholic Program
Leadership Conference of Women Religious
National Advocacy Center of the Sisters of the Good Shepherd
Pax Christi USA
Pax Christi International
Sisters of Mercy of the Americas’ Extended Justice Team

Are these “official entities of the Roman Church?

Do you believe this website truthfully represents the so called “Pope Francis Voters Guide”?

There is no official “Pope Francis Voters Guide”

1 - Some of them are affiliated with official entities. I don’t know if I would call them official entities of the Roman Catholic Church.

2 - There is no official Pope Francis Voter’s guide

You are quite right, it’s deceitful and does more harm than good…a classic, " I was lying then, but not now!" “You can trust me, I capitalized Catholic!”

The end does not always justify the means!

I’m gonna have to hold my nose this November, either way.

Is there a good Catholic source I can turn to for insight, beyond the “abortion bad” mantra?

ICXC NIKA.

As far as the United States presidential race goes, I’m afraid it boils down to this:

1. If you believe that making abortion illegal outweighs all other Catholic values, and you believe it’s reasonably likely that can happen then you vote for Trump, not vote at all, or write in another Republican or some third-party candidate. Unfortunately, though, you might as well stay home and save the gas as to do a write-in vote.

2. If you are not against abortion, or you believe, as I do, that abortion will continue to be legal no matter who is president while a Republican president would simply help Congress trample all other pro-life values, then you vote for Clinton.

At this point, that’s really all there is to it.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Okay, pete29, enlighten me. Why is this funny?

This seems to be a “Spirit of Pope Francis” guide written by people who have nothing to do with the Vatican. If this was an official pronouncement of the Pope, it would be released through the usual channels, just as his encyclicals and exhortations are.

Like the “Spirit of Vatican II” crowd, it deserves to be completely ignored. It’s dissident nonsense.

Your worship of the democrats astounds me. :smiley:

For a Catholic option two is not an option at all

#2 is a** mortal sin**. If anything, Clinton would EXPAND abortion and force tax payers to pay for it 100%. You also need to consider SUPREME COURT appointments. Clinton would appoint those who are extreme liberals. This would mean there would be no chance of overriding Roe Vs Wade for a VERY long time.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.