Pope highlights importance of family farms in World Food Day message [CC]

In his message for World Food Day, Pope Francis deplored food waste and highlighted the importance of family farms, which he said can address food needs "without destroying the resources …

More…

I was delighted to see this talk from the Holy Father. On my father’s side, I am descended from a line of farming stock, who worked the same farm from the 1700s til my father’s generation. His oldest brother was a tomato farmer til his death, in fact. I’ve often daydreamed myself about living on a working farm. Even if I was to become rich financially in some way, I’d would want more of a self-sustaining farm life where the money that would normally go to a grocery store for things which could be harvested on a farm (both vegetation and animals) could then be passed onto the poor. Ah a pleasant idea… still would love to get a few goats and chickens and have some nice plot of a garden someday soon.

Just added this to clarify. I am disabled and physically could not manage to fully handle the workload of a full out farm on my own.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.