Pope Joan

Hi everyone,

My choir director told me this morning that there was one female Pope in the history of the Church. I expressed my unbelief at this, but two other women on my choir backed her up. Is this true? I find it extremely hard to believe. If anyone knows anything about this, please help, thanks.

By the way, they told me her name was Pope Joan, hence the title of this thread.

[quote=Jew_Man_73]My choir director told me this morning that there was one female Pope in the history of the Church. I expressed my unbelief at this, but two other women on my choir backed her up. Is this true?
[/quote]

No, it isn’t. It is a medieval myth.

– Mark L. Chance.

[quote=mlchance]No, it isn’t. It is a medieval myth.

– Mark L. Chance.
[/quote]

Thank you. I thought it sounded too far fetched. When I couldn’t find any information about her on the Internet, I became even more suspicious. They made her out to be a great martyr.

Not true at all.
Look up Pope Fiction by Patrick Madrid

[quote=Lorarose]Not true at all.
Look up Pope Fiction by Patrick Madrid
[/quote]

Thanks, I’ll look this up. :slight_smile:

Yup, it’s a bogus story. See the second question here:

catholic.com/thisrock/1990/9012qq.asp

[quote=Jew_Man_73]Thanks, I’ll look this up. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Listen to Pat Madrid’s Pope Fiction show, free, on the net here:
[C:\Documents and Settings\schabel\My Documents\My Music\Audio Files\Pope Fiction\Pope Fiction audio links.mht](“C:\Documents and Settings\schabel\My Documents\My Music\Audio Files\Pope Fiction\Pope Fiction audio links.mht”)

Episode 13.

[quote=Schabel]Listen to Pat Madrid’s Pope Fiction show, free, on the net here:
C:\Documents and Settings\schabel\My Documents\My Music\Audio Files\Pope Fiction\Pope Fiction audio links.mht

Episode 13.
[/quote]

I think you better try that again. The address you listed looks like your hard drive location for the link.:slight_smile:

why are you here? estas enfadando.

Here is the link to “Pope Fiction” for Schabel.

Pope Fiction

Here is an article at The Catholic Encyclopedia that explains its history.

Popess Joan

[quote=Schabel]Listen to Pat Madrid’s Pope Fiction show, free, on the net here:
C:\Documents and Settings\schabel\My Documents\My Music\Audio Files\Pope Fiction\Pope Fiction audio links.mht

Episode 13.
[/quote]

Excellent! Thanks! :slight_smile:

[quote=jjwilkman]why are you here? estas enfadando.
[/quote]

Can you read? I am a new convert learning about the faith! WHY ARE YOU HARASSING ME? It’s people like you who give Catholics a bad name!!!

[quote=DeFide]Yup, it’s a bogus story. See the second question here:

[/quote]

Thanks for the resource. I appreciate it!

[quote=DeFide]Yup, it’s a bogus story. See the second question here:

[/quote]

Thanks for the resource! :slight_smile:

[quote=jimmy]Here is an article at The Catholic Encyclopedia that explains its history.

Popess Joan
[/quote]

Thank you for both links! :slight_smile:

[quote=jjwilkman]why are you here? estas enfadando.
[/quote]

I don’t understand this post… Does it make sense? :S

[quote=Giennensis]I don’t understand this post… Does it make sense? :S
[/quote]

He makes no sense. He’s been harassing me and accusing me of ridiculous things on my threads. He’s been doing it to other people on other threads too. I don’t know what his problem is, but I’m sick of it.

[quote=Jew_Man_73]Can you read? I am a new convert learning about the faith! WHY ARE YOU HARASSING ME? It’s people like you who give Catholics a bad name!!!
[/quote]

Don’t worry about it. You are welcome here, Jew_Man_73.:slight_smile: I don’t know what the above poster was trying to say.

[quote=jimmy]Don’t worry about it. You are welcome here, Jew_Man_73.:slight_smile: I don’t know what the above poster was trying to say.
[/quote]

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate them. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.