Pope John Paul’s example inspired Pope Francis to pray Rosary daily

After reciting the Rosary one evening in 1985 with Pope John Paul II, the current Pope Francis, formerly Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, wrote, “From that time on I recite the fifteen mysteries of the Rosary every day.” .Read the article catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=17311

Yes

All Popes are Marian to some extent, but the most Marian popes are the most warm-hearted and compassionate.

Pius XII, Bl. John XXIII and Bl. John Paul II come to mind as very Marian.

Deo gratias :slight_smile:

Yes, I know what you mean. But you can say that about all Catholics; after all, the Assumption and the Immaculate Conception are dogmas of the Church. All believe in honoring Mary, but that does not make them Marian in the sense I meant it. OTOH, I do not know how deeply his Marian spirituality goes, but judging from 15 decades a day, I’d have to guess he’s pretty much committed to it. A lay person can hardly bear the idea of saying 5 decades a day; can you imagine someone with a job as large as Cardinal actually having the commitment and finding the time to say 15 decades a day? I have to say this is the most hopeful thing I have heard about Pope Francis to date. It portends great things for his papacy.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.