Pope lashes out at "global system, intolerance of foreigners" [CWN]

Pope Francis said that “no people is criminal and no religion is terrorist,” in a message to a California conference of popular movements.

More…

“no people is criminal and no religion is terrorist,”

And the sky isn’t blue. We should release prison inmates, because no people is criminal and we should embrace Satanism, because no religion is terrorist and they are all peaceful?

“Christian terrorism does not exist,

Well, I certainly have not seen any, especially in modern times, and I know that our scriptures do not and cannot justify it.

Jewish terrorism does not exist,

Don’t know a huge deal about Judaism scriptures, however, I have not seen any, especially in modern times.

and Muslim terrorism does not exist,”

I have seen Islamic Terrorists, ISIS is filled with them, ISIS claims to be Islamic, is there a similar Christian group that exists? is there a similar Jewish group that exists? Terrorism has plagued the Middle East and Islamic Countries for my entire life and even before I was born.

“There are fundamentalist and violent individuals in all peoples and religions

So why even be Christian? obviously it’s meaningless then? I mean, if they are all as bad as one another, what’s the point? Obviously that’s a deceptive generalization, because it doesn’t take into account the very real differences of teaching in each religion and world view, and the consequences of said teaching. We are not equals among many other religions. Nobody comes to the father except through Christ, Christ alone is the Way the Truth and the Life.

and with intolerant generalizations they become stronger because they feed on hate and xenophobia.”

I don’t hate anyone, but I do hate terrorism, child marriages, death penalty for apostasy, blasphemy laws targeting any legitimate criticism of Muhammad and that’s just with Islam, there are others such as abortion, euthanasia and communism that can follow from an atheistic worldview.

Whether one likes it or not, religions are not equal, religions do not even claim that they are equal, and it does absolutely matter what religion (or worldview) one adheres to and the teachings that follow. That also includes Atheism, Communism, Hinduism, Satanism, Islam, Paganism, Wiccan, Judaism etc. Some are worse than others.

It doesn’t mean one abandons said persons, because we are all people first and foremost created in the image and likeness of God, but it doesn’t mean one becomes naïve or denies the very real dangers and evils.

Please pray for our Holy Father. :frowning:

God Bless You and Thank you for reading
Josh

And Catholicism teaches me that, I would not necessarily have the same view if I adhered to a different religion or world view.

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.