Pope Paul VI for Canonization?

I read Pope Paul VI might be made a saint Does anyone have any information on this or an opinion? I wonder if Pope Benedict XVI will become a saint also someday.

Benedict XVI declared him venerable Dec 20, 2012. The Congregation for the Causes of Saints approved a miracle in Feb 2014, so the way is paved for beatification. Another would be needed for canonization.

ncronline.org/news/vatican/report-pope-paul-vi-be-beatified-after-california-miracle

According to this article, the members of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints will meet on May 5th to confirm the miracle. Once they do, it is up to Pope Francis as to whether another is needed.

And so we pray, he suffered a dry very painful martyrdom brought on by his own Catholic children. I taught CCD thru the 70’s and 80’s and raised my 7 sons during that time too so I understood a little about what he had to deal with. I thank God we were in a parish where our Pastor knew and understood the true teachings of Vatican II. God rest his soul too. Many years ago, Fr. John Hardon S.J. told me it is a wonderful time to be a Catholic, to be faithful and joyful, Miracles will abound, pray for miracles, he said. So many Saints are in our midst. I am happy to say that Fr. Hardon is on his way to being Canonized too. I pray I will live long enough to see the day. Also Archbishop Fulton Sheen. God Bless, Memaw

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.