Pope Paul VI's Miracle of Intercession Receives Medical Approval

A California woman refused to have her child aborted against her doctors’ advice, who told her it was gravely defective, and trusted in the intercession with God of Pope Paul VI, knowing that he had written “Humanae Vitae” in defense of human life. The Vatican’s medical commission has called the boy’s complete healing that occurred unexplainable. It is expected that this miracle will meet final approval, and that Pope Paul VI will be beatified in the coming months, according to this article, which is linked below. Paul VI was Pope from 1963 to 1978.
see vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/the-vatican/detail/articolo/paolo-vi-paul-vi-pablo-vi-30603/

Awesome! :thumbsup:

Perhaps this will finally confound all the nay-sayers who had unpleasant things to say about this good and venerable man.

Do I dare open the can of worms to ask what that is all about? :smiley:

This is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news!!! Pope Paul VI is probably my favorite Pope, learning about him was very instrumental to my conversion to the Catholic Church. He more than almost anyone else is responsible for me becoming Catholic. I am always mystified that he does not get the credit he deserves. and I am always invoking his intercession. This is great news.

Pope Paul VI, Pray for Us!

He’s not a popular figure among a few Traditionals (mainly because of the Novus Ordo Missae) and many liberals (because of Humanae Vitae.) :smiley:

There are also wilder conspiracy theories, but they don’t merit mention here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Does “trusting in the intercession of Paul VI” mean that the mother (and possibly others) prayed to Pope Paul VI? The way the article is written it leads me to believe that the miracle is being attributed to him simply by virtue of his authorship of Humane Vitae.

Yes, I think so.

The way the article is written it leads me to believe that the miracle is being attributed to him simply by virtue of his authorship of Humane Vitae.

I don’t think it would have been reckoned as a miracle in that case.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.