Pope Prayer

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Most High! Just as the Father sent You into the world and appointed You His Messiah, so too, You sent the Twelve into the world and appointed them the leaders of Your Church, and among them You chose Peter to be the Prince of the Apostles and and the Rock upon which You would build Your Church. Remember, O compassionate Jesus, how the Apostles appointed men to succeed them in office, so that Your Flock would not be without visible Shepherds, and how the successors of St. Peter included Linus, Anacletus, Clement I, Evaristus, Alexander I, Sixtus I, Telesphorus, Pius I, and all the Popes down through the ages, to the very present, Pope Benedict XVI. I ask You, O good Jesus, for the sake of Your visible Vicar and in light of Your promise to Peter, to grant to the Holy Father the following graces:

That he may be an example of faith, hope, and charity;
That he may be delivered from evil and protected from the devil;
That he may have Mary as his Help and Protectoress, in this life and in the next;
That he may have Sts. Peter and Paul as his patrons, in this life and in the next;
That he may encourage sinners to convert, indifferent souls to seek perfection, suffering souls to seek comfort in You, and perfect souls to love You as You love them;
That he may encourage Christians to pray for all souls whom You have redeemed by Your Precious Blood, especially those in most need Your Infinite Mercy;
That he may appoint holy men to lead Your Church;
That he may appoint holy persons to work with him in the Holy See;
That he may jealously guard and charish the Holy Fath;
That he may piously study and charish the written and oral Word of God;
That he may meditate on Your Sacred Mysteries;
That he may meditate on the Holy Mysteries;
That he may cultivate and propgate devotion to the Most Blessed Sacrament throughout the world;
That he may cultivate and propgate devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary throughout the world;
That he may be an excellent instrument of Your Most Holy Will;
That he may be never afraid to live through You, with You, and in You;
That he may obey the Commandments of God just as You obey them;
That he may obey the promptings and guidance of Your Spirit;
That he may be sustained by Your Grace and Mercy throughout his life;
That he maty be reliant on Your Strength and Providence;
That he may join with all the choirs of angels and saints in endless praise of Your Glory;
And that he may join all the choirs of angels and saints as they live and reign with You, together with the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, One God, forever and ever.

Amen!

Eucharisted this is absoutely beautiful. Can’t imagine what he battles spiritually every day. I love him and he has all my prayers. Thanks for this one. :slight_smile:

I’m sure he battles the temptation to eat German sasuages. I know I would, at least. Those things are tasty. :slight_smile:

Amen!

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.