Pope shows solidarity with Migrants.

twitter.com/Pontifex/status/810499872587710464

Choose this day whom you will serve.

Talk is cheap. Real solidarity would be giving them Vatican citizenship.

Doing just that would go a long way in showing just how committed the church would be in helping those migrants.

How about we listen to the pope and take his message to heart instead of challenging it?

He can set the example.

I don’t have a problem challenging what the Pope says and does. I don’t believe in blind faith.

In this case, I’m not really sure what starshiptrooper is driving at. What does Vatican citizenship have to do with anything the tweet says?

He has. Own you’re hatred. Tonight love and compassion won.

Are you implying their commitment is inauthentic?

I’m sure the folks in Germany, Sweden, and England are feeling “love and compassion” as the poorly-planned entry of large swaths of migrants whose cultures are incompatible with the West are enriching their societies so much.

Poor Muslim migrants, good thing he Pope is there to defend their cause.

LOVE WINS! Rigids take note.

Posting in correct thread:

The anti-Catholic sentiment on the board has become astounding. There is no other word for the type of lazy, cheap remarks I am reading. The idea that the Catholic Church is so rich and should sell everything to help those in need is classic Protestant propaganda used to undermine the teaching authority of the Church, in spite of the fact that the Catholic Church is the largest charity in the world, and in this case, despite the fact that spends great resources in time and money helping migrants and refugees world wide.

In the end, it is not the Pope anyone needs to worry about. It will be Jesus who will look at you and says, “I was a stranger and you did not welcome me. Depart from me.”

:o

Perhaps you might listen to Pope Benedict XV then:

“…The Supreme Pontiff… as Head of the Catholic Church, which, faithful to its divine doctrines and its most glorious traditions, considers all men as brothers and teaches them to love one another, he never ceases to indicate among individuals, as well as among peoples, the observance of the principles of the natural law, and to condemn everything that violates them. This law must be observed and respected…because it would not be conformable to justice or to religion itself to derogate from it solely on account of divergence of religious confessions. The Supreme Pontiff at this moment feels in his fatherly heart…the necessity of all men remembering that they are brothers and that their salvation lies in return to the law of love which is the law of the gospel…”

- Pope Benedict XV, February 9th 1917 (Civilta Cattolica)

?

He has set an example many times of solidarity of those who are poor and needy. All one need do is read his biography.

Pope Francis: “It’s hypocrisy to call yourself a Christian and chase away a refugee or someone seeking help, someone who is hungry or thirsty, toss out someone who is in need of my help. If I say I am Christian, but do these things, I’m a hypocrite.”

You have a choice, Catholic or Trumpolic.

I am saying its easy to demand that western countries take millions, millions, and more millions all the while keeping your doors closed.

For 1.6 billion dollars and 65% of my charity budget, I, too, would show solidarity with migrants. How much support would the Pope and Bishops show to immigration and resettlement if US Federal taxpayer dollars weren’t filling the coffers at Catholic Charities? Christian duty and all. Yeah, right! Try “follow the money.” This is just one of many articles.

washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/24/catholic-church-collects-16-billion-in-us-contract/

Yes:(

catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/10/13/pope-francis-you-cant-defend-christianity-by-being-against-refugees-and-other-religions/

Agree…unfortunately this is what happens when peoples religion becomes politics…this has happened by those on the left…and the right here in the US…it’s pretty clear even by the small number of Catholics here on CAF who disrespect the Vicar of Christ by claiming they don’t have to agree with him…this site is becoming to political and anti Catholic…

Ridiculous. The Vatican is the size of a golf course and has no permanent residents.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.