Pope to have Worldwide Eucharistic Adoration

Pope Francis has called for a Worldwide Eucharistic Adoration all at the same time on June 2

annusfidei.va/content/novaevangelizatio/en/eventi/AdorazioneNelMondo.html

How wonderful! Thanks for posting, Third Day!

Yes!! I have chills.

The first image that came to my mind was the Pope inside the ISS holding a monstrance.

:smiley:

:extrahappy: WOW !!!!!!!!!!!! :extrahappy:

:smiley:

It’s a great idea, but I find the website confusing. It says that they adoration is all supposed to be happening at 5:00pm Rome time, but the times for the other locations don’t match. For example. it says that the one in Philadelphia is at 10:00am, which is 7 hours before 5:00pm. But I think Rome is only 6 hours ahead, so it should be at 11:00am. And the one in Slovakia is also in the morning, and I think that is in the same time zone as Rome.

So I’m not sure I’m getting how this is supposed to go. :frowning:

–Jen

This is an awesome idea!

[quote="revert_jen, post:7, topic:325925"]
It's a great idea, but I find the website confusing. It says that they adoration is all supposed to be happening at 5:00pm Rome time, but the times for the other locations don't match. For example. it says that the one in Philadelphia is at 10:00am, which is 7 hours before 5:00pm. But I think Rome is only 6 hours ahead, so it should be at 11:00am. And the one in Slovakia is also in the morning, and I think that is in the same time zone as Rome.

So I'm not sure I'm getting how this is supposed to go. :(

--Jen

[/quote]

I would just go with 5 pm Rome time if you're setting it up at your parish.

Here is more information at Fr Z's blog:

wdtprs.com/blog/2013/05/2-june-pope-francis-and-world-wide-coordinated-eucharistic-adoration/

Awesome!!!

I think it is a wonderful thing the pope is doing

I printed out an article about this and took it that same night to our pastoral council meeting. Father was very excited and our parish is planning to participate!

Amazing and sure to be POWERFUL.

[quote="St_Francis, post:10, topic:325925"]
Here is more information at Fr Z's blog:

wdtprs.com/blog/2013/05/2-june-pope-francis-and-world-wide-coordinated-eucharistic-adoration/

[/quote]

What does he mean by "Ahem..It's really on Thursday"?

awesomeness :thumbsup:, I can't wait

[quote="opus101, post:15, topic:325925"]

[/quote]

*The feast is liturgically celebrated on the Thursday after Trinity Sunday or, "where the Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ is not a Holy Day of Obligation, it is assigned to the Sunday after the Most Holy Trinity as its proper day". At the end of Holy Mass, there is often a procession of the Blessed Sacrament, generally displayed in a monstrance. The procession is followed by Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_Christi_(feast

[quote="opus101, post:15, topic:325925"]

[/quote]

The Feast of Corpus Christi is actually on the Thursday after Trinity Sunday, and is only transferred to Sunday in most places. Transferring a feast to a Sunday doesn't actually move the date of the feast in reality.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.