Popemobile trip surprises March for Life participants

From CNA:
Pro-lifers who had just finished the third annual Italian March for Life on Sunday were surprised to see Pope Francis coming toward them in the popemobile.

“It was a great joy for us because we didn’t expect this at all, we just expected his message,” said March for Life organizer Virginia Coda Nunziante.

“It was extraordinary because I met the people who unexpectedly saw him coming,” she told CNA on May 13.

The popemobile brought the Pope down the first block of Via della Conciliazione after he finished his first canonization Mass and the weekly Regina Caeli prayer on Sunday.
Nice touch!

He’s a pope that’s full of surprises. :slight_smile: I love it.

**What a Pappa!! :thumbsup::smiley:

St. Peter, Bless and Protect Pappa Francis!**

That’s awesome. Am I seeing things correctly in that picture? It looks like he is not protected at all in the popemobile? I thought the popemobile was bulletproof?

God Bless Pope Francis.

Terrific! Wonderful. He is full of surprises.

Viva il Papa! Viva il Papa! Viva il Papa!* :slight_smile:

Apparently, the open air jeep is used more often than you think. I’m assuming that they do a pretty thorough job of security when they enter the St. Peter’s Sq. (and obviously the church itself.) It is rare for the Holy Father to venture out into an Italian street, but that was definitely planned. There were barriers set up and everything.

Pope greets pro-life marchers, calls for the legal protection of the unborn

Marching to Promote a Culture of Life

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.