Pope's age and declining strength quell conspiracy theories [CNAU]

Feb 11, '13 6:00 am
At a press conference arranged hurriedly, Vatican spokesman Federico Lombardi (pictured) said the Pope’s “personal decision” had been made in recent months without any external pressure. He ruled out depression or theological uncertainty as motives, and rejected the idea that a specific illness – whether of the mind or body – had prompted the Pope to act, reports the Guardian.http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cathnews/RSS/~4/l_AHVLluOEo

More…

Believe it or not, there is still some confusion among Catholic Journalists who are saying that it is possible that the Holy Father has some kind of terminal condition. According to his Drs. and all other reports from the Vatican, he does not. He’s just getting too old and too tired to continue. The stress and the work load have to be INCREDIBLE!

One interesting quote from the Pope early on in his Papacy however; ( I believe it may have been one of his first public statemets)

“Pray for me that I may not flee for fear of the wolves”. Now, that being said, I don’t believe he did “flee for fear of the wolves”. He has successfully stood strong against many accussations and threats of harm. But the statement itself is revealing as to what he KNEW he would be up against.

God Bless this wonderful Papa.:slight_smile: We need to pray for him, as he will be praying for us. We also need to pray for the Holy Spirit to guide our Cardinals in choosing God’s choice for us.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.