Pope's Book: Jesus of Nazareth Part 2?

The title pretty much says it all. Recently read the book, Jesus of Nazareth by Benedict XVI.
He makes it clear in the book that he intends to follow this up with a conlcuding 2nd part. I was just wondering, has he got around to this yet?

He recently finished the second book. Here is a an article about it.

catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1001948.htm

Yes, he just finished it. Now we wait for the translators to do their job.

I’m predicting a late Fall release so that it will make an excellent stocking stuffer for this Christmas. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info guys. Will be eagerly waiting its publication. The first one I found an excellent read. Very insightful.:thumbsup:

His second book will be touching on the Last Supper and Calvary and, therefore, the Mass. It will, I am sure, be extremely insightful :slight_smile:

I can't wait for this book to come out!

:thumbsup:

may the lord give you his peace everyone,
can someone please tell me about a hopeful release date for the second volume of this work please 6 pages left of the first one ,

eagerly awaiting the second,

God bless you all,

Glen

I haven’t heard anything at all, so I’m assuming there is no release date set. The translators are probably still busy doing their job. I’m hopeful that it will be out by the end of the year. That seems a reasonable expectation to me. But I have no inside information. :o

The second book is due in the spring of 2011.

He is at work on the 3rd and final volume now.

Where did you hear this? I haven’t seen any concrete release dates and this is the first I’ve heard mention of a third volume.

Nevermind, I found it.

zenit.org/article-29973?l=english

Back when volume 1 came out, I heard that the 2nd volume would have both the Passion accounts and the infancy narratives. I guess he decided to split it so that he could get this portion disseminated to us eager Catholics. :slight_smile:

I was hoping it would be out by the end of the year and that it would include the infancy narratives. :frowning: I guess I’ll just have to keep waiting… :o

Amazon.com is taking pre-orders.

amazon.com/Jesus-Nazareth-Entrance-Jerusalem-Resurrection/dp/1586175009/ref=pd_sim_b_3

No release date is listed though.

It’s interesting to see that this second volume is being published in the U.S. exclusively by Ignatius Press (unlike the first volume which was published by both Doubleday and Ignatius Press). This seems like quite a coup for Ignatius. I’m sure it will be very good for them. :thumbsup:

The book woll be available on March 10, 2011.:)

I didn't know there would be a part three. Part one was excellent. I know Part II is on the way.

God Bless him. Very gifted theologian. And church doctrine, he probly has it all memorized.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.