Pope's comments about Mars

I believe HH Benedict xvi said not to believe there is or was life on Mars. Or something to that effect. Is this a case of papal fallibility? The church also said officially the earth was flat. This has nothing to do with morals or infallibal things right?

Bill

[quote="billcu1, post:1, topic:298241"]
I believe HH Benedict xvi said not to believe there is or was life on Mars. Or something to that effect. Is this a case of papal fallibility? The church also said officially the earth was flat. This has nothing to do with morals or infallibal things right?

Bill

[/quote]

Before we even get to it please provide a source where the Holy Father said such a thing.

All I could find now with top hits on google was his comments concerning vatican 2 on youtube. So lets say for lack of argument he was to make a statement like this. When I came across a highlight of this, and I didn’t get into the source like I should have; he would make a comment like this. It doesn’t make sense to me why he even would. Can he comment on these things and would the fallibility idea kick in here? I will continue to look for a source.

Bill

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.