Populating the earth

Hello, I was hoping if anyone could help me out here. I was reading earlier today and this questioned appeared in my mind, “How is the population always increasing?” I know this sounds naive but I’ve been thinking about that question and it has been on my mind for awhile. The prime example I’m currently thinking of is Adam and Eve, how could two people populate the earth with vast amounts of life?
Hopefully anyone can help me out here, thanks for any help!

Can you explain more about why this confuses you?

They were able to do so because they (and their progeny) had many thousands of years to get us where we are today.

A country needs an average 2.1 children per woman to maintain its population… anything more than that will cause the population to increase over time. Large families have been very common over the years; only recently have people wanted 0-2 children, which will slowly decrease the population of developed countries as the older people die off (people live longer so the population appears to be increasing for the time being).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.