Portiuncula indulgence of Forgiveness - plenary indulgence for this weekend

In 1216, in a vision, St Francis obtained from Jesus himself the Indulgence of the Pardon of Assisi that was approved by Pope Honorius III. This plenary indulgence may ordinarily be gained on August 2 and 15; pilgrims may gain it once a year on any day of the year.

franciscanfriarstor.com/stfrancis/stf_portuncula_indulgence.htm

To get the plenary indulgence of forgiveness for yourself or a departed soul. You can just go to your parish church.

• sacramental confession during 8 days before or after
  • participate in mass and eucharist
  • recite the Apostle’s creed, Our Father, a prayer for pope’s intention
  • from vespers on 1st of Aug.(friday) (tomorrow) until sundown on 2nd of August

Thank You for posting this water… I was just checking previous threads and being new wasn’t sure if it was ok to repost.]
I am so very glad that you posted this… and the website explains so very well, the history behind it for those unfamiliar with it.
Blessings of Peace and all Good! :gopray: *

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I am sorry, but I do not understand this last point.

Thank you, this is great!

*What that refers to is that generally the visit to the church must be made within that time frame.[Not the confession as was explained so well above]

The exact times seem to vary slightly depending on which website one uses… but to my understanding the visit to the church and Mass ought to occur between Fri eve and Sat eve…[basically]which is what the reference was alluding to.

Hope this helps a bit… there are also other threads on site from previous years that one might like to peruse… I found them quite interesting
Blessings of Peace and Good:angel1: *

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.