Portland, Oregon, bakery accused of racism for Oreo pastry

sfgate.com/news/article/Portland-bakery-accused-of-racism-for-Oreo-pastry-9962818.php

Aren’t there real racists to go out and harp on on Yelp?

It sounds delish; I’ll take a dozen! :aok:

This reminds me of an episode of Seinfeld…well pretty much everything reminds me of an episode of Seinfeld.

Specifically, the one where Jerry is eating a Black and White cookie and uses it as a metaphor for race relations, and then gets a stomach-ache :rotfl:

“If people would only look to the cookie, all our problems would be solved.” - Jerry Seinfeld

It is the name that was objectionable, not the actual Oreo cookies. If one tries to make a political statement with cuisine, then such criticism might legitimately be leveled.

The best thing about the Obama administration has been all the racial healing it’s brought.

The title seems a bit misleading, since the issue is the name of the cake. While I don’t think it was intentional, I can see why people might interpret it as racist. I have heard comments comparing mixed-race people to Oreos before. Now they’ve changed the name this shouldn’t happen again.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.