possession

Hi am suffering with a demon now for 11 yrs, seeking freedom. I was just thinking I should go online and just look for a Catholic shrink as the Catholic church will not help me, or they just do not believe the storys of the other churchs I go to and will only help if I have a doctor which is so against my faith. In order for the holy spirit of the Catholic church to help me the doc has to say so…but I am tired. The demon for some odd reason and it could be just playing does not bug the Catholic church unlike the many other.THEN I found this Form and said maybe you guys can help. This is my story and there is much MUCH more.

My demon has attacked one person supernaturally, and about 9 or more other people with fear. A christian in the pentecostal church was tired of looking at me get thrown around in church and disrupting the church after about 2 yrs staring at me get thrown around. She came over to me and asked if I would like to get rid of the demon. I was YES!! I have only sat here for yrs, told the pastor and everything and all you do is stare at me. So we went up to the alter and the people gathered around and she put oil on her hand, and was about to do the prayer, and when she opened her mouth to say the name of Jesus, she could not speak his name with fear in her eyes and was made silenced and then she started to cough really bad, and then I started to smile on her, and then she started to gasp the name of Jesus and almost went to her knees before the demon in me, and was bowing before the demon coughing really bad. Then She regained her voice and commanded it to leave and touched my head with oil and I flew like 5 feet from her being casted to the ground. The people that were around me were tossed one way and the other. I told her the demon is not gone and it is hiding, and the prayers were not working anymore, and she said for me to believe it is gone. I went home and started to seek the face of God again of course as usual the demon is there and disrupts me. I went back and told the pastor, we got into a fight and he kicked me out of church…I guess they have their peace now.

Then I went to this other church and I have seen it mock this other church called Eagle world wide ministry’s. I felt the whole spirit all over me and my arms were outstretched unto the church, and I spoke in my mind I have stood before your church for yrs and NO ONE SEES ME. Then I started screaming and screaming during worship instead of being thrown around so they could not just stare at me. I would scream during people who say they have a message from the Lord, I would scream during speaking in tongues, during prayers. To have them finally come over to me, and the evil spirit recognized the pastor as the one that casts out demons, and screamed on him in a loud full of hate voice, full of calmness in a loud loud scream. The pastor called it a small demon for all it is doing is screaming, and I went instantly in my head all the yrs with this demon and how he made a Christian with the holy spirit bow to it. I was going to say maybe you have not seen it fully yet, but the demon took my voice and spoke himself in a loud scream saying it MAYBE YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT FULL YET. Then when the time came for them to come against it and they were fasting in prayer so they said as I wanted them to do this. The demon just took my body up to them and went eye to eye without fear and screamed right in their face and the holy spirit in them…(or so the demon likes me to think with the holy spirit part). They all were in fear…and THEY kicked me out of church, to find peace in their church…

It has scared my brother off the couch. He said I believe you have a demon as I had a hard time getting people to believe it and all It would do is throw me around in church and to the ground. And the demon barked at him WOW, and he jumped to his feet. Scared my friend knocking on the wall and other times. Scared my dad when I turned on the radio when I just sat in his car and about to go somewhere, and I heard a worship song in the radio and it said take up residence in me Lord, and the demon screamed in fear and roared at the radio. I had to turn off the radio to have have peace. I looked at my dad and he was shaking in fear.

BUT the only real time other then the use of fear and with fear it really attacked someone was the Pentecostal woman bowing coughing and silenced.

I would really like some advice on how to be free…if I need to find a shrink then fine. I live in Ontario Canada. I would really like to try catholic, I am not really Catholic but I have been going there for a yr now and no disturbance. I kinda went away from the church but I am still not finding help and I am very very tried. Thanks for your help.

and yes for all you protestants on here I have called unto Jesus…in prayers and repented.

Yes, please see a psychiatrist, who can help you figure out the cause of your problems.

Your story resembles the story of Moira Noonan (MP3 interview here; her book Ransomed from Darkness here) and also of Betty Brennan, a former satanist herself (her story here at youtube). I recommend checking these women out who have escaped wicked grips.

You may also consider contacting the local bishop’s office in your diocese. I know you said at the beginning that the Catholic Church would not help you and that you do not want a doctor? Catholic exorcists work in concert with medical professionals because demonic activity can resemble various physical or mental disorders and the proper diagnosis is important. I would suggest being humble and asking for earnest advice from the local bishop’s office or a local priest. Talking in person may help so they can see you and know you are not a prank phone call or something.

Continue to pray, and we will for you as well.

Lord, please grant thegreatseeker many graces to combat these trials. Lead this soul with the protection and guidance of many holy angels to the peace and comfort of your Sacred Heart. Lead this soul through the mystery of suffering, heroically, and with many graces for faith, hope, love, and joy. Spare rays of your divine light into the dimmed arena of this child’s life, that the foretaste of heavenly light will protect this soul from all evils, and draw this soul toward you, now, unto eternity. Have mercy, Lord. Our Lady, angels, and saints, pray with us. Amen.

that is the problem my faith does not like about the Catholic church, the holy spirit in them can not show it to them themselves and have to rely on doctor’s to tell if the person is possessed or mentally ill. It is just very insulting being a man of faith, that the holy spirit in people can not see it themselves and very hard to be humble and it is like if these people dare come against me I will tare out their throat with their lack of faith. It is like a mixture of fear for the priest…and I am so tired I just want to say to do it even if it is against faith. I mean the Pentecostals it showed itself and they stared at me for 2 yrs getting thrown around and did nothing and they saw it to finally come against it and be bowed to the demon…To your church saying we being with the holy spirit have been tricked a few times that it was not a demon, and well we do not want to embarrass the church any further so now we go the the world and kneel to it to say does he have a demon doc, for the holy spirit is not sure in us…IT IS VERY INSULTING BOTH TO THE HOLY SPIRIT AND FAITH. BUT the demon hides from your church…so I do not know if it is just playing or…and I did see the priest a little one on one and the demon came out VERY LITTLE, and the priest called it an anomaly and said he really did not know what to do. I tried calling the bishop up by email and he would not help unless a doc says so.

I guess I have no choice.

I suggest making an appt. with your local priest. Not all priests are skilled exorcists but there is usually one in the diocese. These things can take some time to get help. From what I understand, demons ususally posses a person who has flirted with occult practices. I often recite the Prayer to St.Michael and use Holy Water just to keep demons at a distance.

Say this prayer and see what happens

Exorcism Prayer of St. Michael the Archangel

†In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Most glorious Prince of the Celestial Host, Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in the conflict which we have to sustain against principalities and powers, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places (Eph. 6.12). Come to the rescue of men whom God has created to His image and likeness, and whom He has redeemed at a great price from the tyranny of the devil. It is thou whom Holy Church venerates as her guardian and protector; thou whom the Lord has charged to conduct redeemed souls into Heaven. Pray, therefore, the God of Peace to subdue Satan beneath our feet, that he may no longer retain men captive nor do injury to the Church. Present our prayers to the most High, that without delay they may draw His mercy down upon us. Seize the dragon, the old serpent, which is the devil and Satan, bind him and cast him into the bottomless pit, that he may no more seduce the nations (Apoc. 20.2-3).

the priest said there is none in his diocese. I had to call up the arch bishop in Toronto. I Really want to just lay my eyes on one of them, and see if they can see it. The Eagle world wide ministry’s pastor, the demon know him and no fear of him what so ever or the holy ghost in him and I felt the demonic spirits rage. But it knew him and the pastor was saying I am not afraid of you…but in the end the pastor showed fear. Even if that is all the demon did to him was make him afraid of it.

I am so eager to have your church try and come against it because it usually prides it destroys all churches I go to, to sit in church and have your church worship God and praise the Lord and pray…but your doc faith insults me.

It has even stood before Benny hinn and destroyed his service and benny hinn would not face the demon. BUT he did tell a little child to stop running around the church for this is the house of God not a circus…to have this demon destroy his service and the demon in me tried everything in his power to get the pastor to face it. Growling and hissing during his prayers…when he sang a worship song it is right with my soul, I am howling away. He had to quickly stop that song…my demon is laughing away at it in me right now. Your church it seems to be afraid even though I do not sense fear…just lets the church do its thing.

I really just want to talk to someone that handles demons first before I see a shrink, just to look at them…

Loving disciple : I just seem to speak it in snake thoughts. Like a snake…if a snake could talk, there is one for the books…

You’ve been dealing with this for 11 years? Wow! That’s awful! My goodness!

I know you might have had some qualms about medication, but for some people, they are absolutely necessary. I had some friends who were pentecostals, didn’t like to talk to doctors. If they had a medical problem, they would call the pastor. Well, we Catholics are typically more laid back about that, will call in a doctor if it looks like a medical problem and pray, additionally.

Look at Luke, who was a physician. Medication, doctors, and the rest also come from God. There’s no shame in seeking treatment, be it physical or mental.

The first thing I’d suggest is that you see a psychologist. A psychologist would be able to give you a diagnosis. If necessary, he can send you to a psychiatrist. A psychiatrist can prescribe medication.

Medication nowadays is actually much better than it used to be. It gets better as time goes by. A lot of things are treatable, now, that weren’t, years ago.

In addition, you can speak to a priest, tell him that you have sought psychological treatment and then take it from there. As MarcoPolo said about priests that they like to work with mental health professionals. I think he’s right, there. Can you pick up some holy water, sprinkle that around, put some on yourself, and wear a scapular and/or St. Benedict medal? Pick up a crucifix, St. Benedict medal, etc. and get it blessed, and keep it at the house. Get any of these things blessed by a priest.

Can you pick up a Catholic booklet of prayers to have handy at the house? I’d also recommend praying the rosary. The rosary is VERY powerful! Demons HATE holy water, the rosary, blessed objects, crucifixes, scapulars, blessed statues, the Blessed Virgin Mary. onefamilyinmission.org/images/movies/spof/rosary/index.html Make the sign of the cross. Saints did this, and demons hated it!

One known exorcist said that demons would curse Jesus, the pope, everyone present, but for some reason, NOT Mary. They would NEVER curse Mary. They are afraid of her! Get also a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and get it blessed by a priest. Keep it at your house from now on! Pick up at least some of these things…something you can wear and something for the house.

Learn that St. Michael, the Archangel, is your friend! Learn his prayer by heart. There’s a prayer for his intercession and the intercession of the 9 choirs of angels. Chaplet of St. Michael… Can you get EWTN on cable TV? EWTN has the rosary and the Chaplet of St. Michael. Some people already have it, don’t know it. ewtn.com/devotionals/prayers/chaplet-of-st-michael.htm

If you have health insurance, see if it covers these mental health visits. I hope it does. Some insurances cover, some don’t. However, sounds like you need to seek mental health treatment, either way.

Whatever you have been trying up to now has not been working, so it’s worth it to at least try some other options. What have you to lose?

If you are going to try the Catholic Church, you really need to become a part of it. Can you become a member of the Catholic Church…go through the program…Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults…RCIA?

I had a friend who was plagued by terrible nightmares, which he said went away after he received his First Holy Communion.

Good luck, and I will say a prayer for you.

St. Michael the Archangel
Defend us in battle
Be our protection against the wickedness
and snares of the devil
May God rebuke him
We humbly pray
and do thou
oh Prince of the Heavenly Host
by the Power of God
Cast into hell
all evil spirits who prowl about
the world seeking the
ruin of souls.

St. Benedict…pray for us.

May the Holy Cross be
my light!
May the dragon never
be my guide!

Begone Satan! Never tempt me with your vanities! What you offer me is evil. Drink the poison yourself!

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blest is the fruit of thy
womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen. :signofcross:

I already tried the medical way at the very beginning. After about 5 yrs and nothing but back and forth on medication, I almost killed myself with the medication. Then at the Pentecostal church, I was shown I had a demon by God himself at the alter. I fell to my knees weeping I was telling Jesus to S my… and could not stop my wicked mind from cursing at him and I stood up after a loud cry and I fell over into convulsions. The people came over to me and started to cast out a demon. I was like what the heck??huh???and then I started to scream from a low pitch scream to a high pitch scream. Then I pulled my body away confused by them. Shaken and afraid to find out I have a demon, I would not leave the church and they called the cops and the cops took me home. I went home and instructed the holy spirit saying the word of God says to test the spirit. I have been coming before your holy name with mental illness YOU, showed me I am possessed with demon. If you could reveal the demon to me at this instant and scare me I will believe it is of you. AMEN. As soon as I said Amen, A life like picture of a demon showed its face to me and scared me. Sense then the church has not being the same. With mental illness I would go to the alter and sit down and not bug the church. Now I bring possession and worship with the wisdom of a demon, I scream and destroy churches and I get thrown around as I bring it before the Lord. I told the Lord a vow I will never take medicare again as it almost killed me and made me very depressed UNTIL I am with you and YOU kill me as I lay my life down unto you by faith. The docs against their will said I would be back and forth in the hospital without them, and I already spent enough time in the hospital. With the faith of possession I have never seen the inside of the hospital sense, so for about 6-7 yrs I have been doctors and hospital free.

I was also in the Pentecostal church and with loud thoughts I heard a voice say YOU ARE THE GREAT SEEKER, AND I HAVE MADE YOU INTO A STRONG FORTRESS AND I WILL FIND YOU A NEW HOME…

to be tossed around the churchs…to find you guys a little in wonder???

the doctors after about 2 yrs watching apologized to me and let me go.

What was your diagnosis?

Medication has also changed quite a bit in just the last 10 or 20 years. It gets better all the time.

one said schizophrenia , another doctor said Bio polar, another doctor said it was a part time schizophrenia, and one doctor just gave me meds and did not know.

Do you have a history of schizophrenia in your family?

It’s my understanding schizophrenia is hereditary.

yes, does not every family have one?

No.

Call someone in Rome at the Vatican. Contact a Bishop or a Cardinal who can guide you in this process. Time to pull out the stops. You will have to get a referral from someone in the Holy orders.

The Litany of St. Benedict

Lord, have mercy on us, Christ, have mercy on us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God, the Holy Spirit, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, One God, Have mercy on us.

Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us.
Holy Virgin of virgins, Pray for us.
Holy Father, Saint Benedict, Pray for us.
Father most reverend, Pray for us.
Father most renowned, Pray for us.
Father most compassionate, Pray for us.
Man of great fortitude, Pray for us.
Man of venerable life, Pray for us.
Man of the most holy conversation, Pray for us.
True servant of God, Pray for us.
Light of devotion, Pray for us.
Light of prayer, Pray for us.
Light of contemplation, Pray for us.
Star of the world, Pray for us.
Best master of an austere life, Pray for us.
Leader of the holy warfare, Pray for us.
Leader and chief of monks, Pray for us.
Master of those who die to the world, Pray for us.
Protector of those who cry to thee, Pray for us.
Wonderful worker of miracles, Pray for us.
Revealer of the secrets of the human heart, Pray for us.
Master of spiritual discipline, Pray for us.
Companion of the patriarchs, Pray for us.
Equal of the prophets, Pray for us.
Follower of the Apostles, Pray for us.
Teacher of Martyrs, Pray for us.
Father of many pontiffs, Pray for us.
Gem of abbots, Pray for us.
Glory of Confessors, Pray for us.
Imitator of anchorites, Pray for us.
Associate of virgins, Pray for us.
Colleague of all the Saints, Pray for us.

Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.

V. Intercede for us, O holy father Saint Benedict,
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let Us Pray: O God, Who hast called us from the vanity of the world, and Who dost incite us to the reward of a heavenly vocation under the guidance of our holy patriarch and founder, Saint Benedict, inspire and purify our hearts and pour forth on us Thy grace, whereby we may persevere in Thee. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord. Amen.

If you have schizophrenia, an exorcism, might reinforce that, instead of helping it. That’s why we don’t like to play around with these matters, why, in the Catholic Church, you need to have this ruled out before a priest will normally act on this.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.