Possible call to single life

I have spent years agonizing over not having a wife. Suddenly, the last minth or so this obsession has lifted. I am dicerning whether to stay single and am praying for guidance. Im suddenly happy it is just God and me. I feel like His arms arw around me and I am finally beginning to find my rest and joy in Him alone.

It sounds like you are in a good place and good for you! :smiley:

If I wasn’t already in a long term relationship with someone I can’t picture my life without, I would SERIOUSLY consider the vocation of being single. I love the idea of living a celibate life until the end of my days spending my time outside of work and church in charity. Married couples are able to do great things for their communities with their family, of course. But one of my pet causes is children. Perhaps I’ll have my own in the future but if I was called to the vocation to be single I could be a mother to possibly hundreds of them! As a wife and mother I’ll have duties to my family first.

Whichever one you find yourself in - the vocation of single or family - I’m sure you’ll be happy now that you are comfortable in your relationship with God.

Don’t worry about it so much and just enjoy where you are now. Just go wherever God leads you, which may very well be the single life or married life. All things have their time and God’s time is not the same as our time.

God Bless you as you discern and know you are not alone. I am discerning my own vocation as well.

God Bless and keep you.

Great! That’s exactly as you should be. Indeed, that is how married persons should be, as well. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.