Possible Suicide/ Missing Person

Dear Children of God
Please help. I have prayed to God myself but I feel I need help for massive prayer quickly. My boyfriend who has been suffering from depression sent me serious suicide text messages on March 6th. He is 42 years old. His messages on Sunday were very direct and that he was shooting himself. I did not see the signs of this coming. As of last night, he was supposed to arrive by plane from California to Michigan to assist me and my daughters “move” back to our new home in California. The police cannot help much and nobody can find him. As every second, minute and hour that passes…I am loosing hope that he will be found alive. I need help praying please…I need God to please hear an outcry of prayers. Dave is one of the most giving and loving men I have ever met in my lifetime and if he is still alive…he needs God’s strength to shine upon him.
(Edited)
With Love and Sincerity,
Laurie Gay

I’ve prayed briefly for him, and I hope he’s OK. I don’t like to say this though, but I’m getting rather negative vibes, which I hope for both his and your sake are misplaced. I’m suppose I’m being too blunt, but that’s what I’m getting. Here’s hoping I’m wrong.

If he’s OK, he needs to find a helpful Catholic psychiatrist ASAP, who can also deal with some of the underlying spiritual issues as well as psychiatric help he may need.

If he’s not OK, then you’re the one who is going to need help. I’d begin by going to your priest if you haven’t done so already, and maybe approaching a church prayer group to begin with. It’s come at a terrible time for you, and I sincerely hope things work out.

Either way we hope you can keep us posted. We can only pray and / or give advice if we know what is going on, good or bad.

I am so sorry you are going through this type of situation. Your pain and fear for your friends welfare is strong and I am praying that you and your friend will find a solution. There is a solution. There is a great strength that comes from going through these types of emotions and fears. There is nothing that God can’t work through you to make better, and glorify Him. We all go to God in our times of need, what we fail to realize is that we need Him always. There is a program called EA, Emotions Anonymous. If there isn’t a chapter in your are, AA is the same principles and practices. The power of a twelve step program and the support from a community of your peers does perform miracles. Be blessed, and I hope that this day, just for today, finds you in Peace.

Lord, we ask You Good Shepherd, to find him as you would a hurt, lost lamb. Comfort Laurie and all those that love him at this time and bring them answers. I ask this through the intercession of Your Most Holy Mother, Mary.

Praying hard.

O God, Who knowest us to be set in the midst of such great perils, that, by reason of the weakness of our nature, we cannot stand upright, grant us such health of mind and body, that those evils which we suffer for our sins we may overcome through Thine assistance. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Novena To
St. Jude

Most holy Apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of difficult cases, of things almost despaired of, Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone.
Intercede with God for me that He bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly -
that he be protected from the plans of Satan, who desires his murder

• and that I may praise God with you and all the saints forever. I promise, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor granted me by God and to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.
    Amen

PRAYER

May the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, and loved in all the tabernacles until the end of time. Amen.

May the most Sacred Heart of Jesus be praised and glorified now and forever. Amen

St. Jude pray for us and hear our prayers. Amen.

Blessed be the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Blessed be the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Blessed be St. Jude Thaddeus, in all the world and for all Eternity.
(say this prayer, followed by the Our Father and the Hail Mary)

I said a Hail Mary with this intention.

Praying that your bf did not go through with it and gets help quickly …

Hail Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Praying for your dear friend.

Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory be…

Amen.

May you find relief, peace, and comfort being in Jesus’ presence at your local adoration chapel. May the Lord grant you all the graces you need to cope with your friend’s absence. May the Lord give you His peace and come to your assistance in your need. Amen.

Thank you to you all. My daughter and I keep saying all your prayers…they bring us comfort. My boyfriend has not yet been found. (5 days) I just read that an unidentified body was found in an area where he could’ve been near. I am trying to be positive in prayer but can’t escape the fear completely. He has a 15yr old daughter whom is in heart-wrenching turmoil, and all of the family is numb. I still want to believe he is alive. I’ve also been praying to St. Jude and St. Anthony. Your continued prayers mean so much.

Lord please hear our prayers for this young man and for all those who love him and are worried for his safety.Lord whatever has happened I ask You would be merciful to him.Please comfort all those who love him and lead him to You.Lord please protect him from harm.For the soul of the unidentified body I pray You would grant eternal life to him/her and comfor thso who will mourn the loss.Lord please help this man in need Amen

Our Blessed Lady I ask You would pray for this young man and all thise who love him.Amen
Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Lord, we ask You Good Shepherd, to find this missing man as you would a hurt, lost lamb. Comfort Laurie and all those that love him at this time and bring them answers. I ask this through the intercession of Your Most Holy Mother, Mary.

Lord please hear our prayers for this young man and for all those who love him and are worried for his safety.Lord whatever has happened I ask You would be merciful to him.Please comfort all those who love him and lead him to You.Lord please protect him from harm.For the soul of the unidentified body I pray You would grant eternal life to him/her and comfor those who will mourn the loss.Lord please help this man in need Amen

Our Blessed Lady I ask You would pray for this young man and all thise who love him.Amen
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Lord, please grant your peace to everyone involved in this man’s life. Hear their prayers and answer them according to your will, and hopefully that will will be for this man to be found safe and sound. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy name,
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven,
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us,
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil. Amen.

Lord please hear our prayers for this young man and for all those who love him and are worried for his safety.Lord whatever has happened I ask You would be merciful to him.Please comfort all those who love him and lead him to You.Lord please protect him from harm.For the soul of the unidentified body I pray You would grant eternal life to him/her and comfor those who will mourn the loss.Lord please help this man in need Amen

Lord hear our prayers.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.