Post a favorite icon!

Today is the Feast of St. James, Apostle, son of Zebedee and brother of St. John. He was one of the three apostles Our Lord chose to witness the Transfiguration, as shown in this icon by Fr. Thomas Loya (poor James’ head didn’t make it in this depiction, but most of him is there to the lower right).

I also have this icon of the other St. James, known as the brother of Jesus, whom we believe was actually a cousin, and an early leader of the Jerusalem Church.

2 Likes

St Anne and St Joachim

2 Likes

2 Likes

Judas kisses Jesus

2 Likes

Behold The Lamb of God

3 Likes

5 Likes

I like the smile on Mother Mary’s face.

1 Like

Celebrating today’s feast .

4 Likes

That reminds me, I just attended the 5:30pm mass at a Jesuit church, and their liturgy for today was different. They even have the 2nd reading. Also, the homily focused purely on the life of St. Ignatius.

1 Like

Jesus the High Priest

5 Likes

I also like this one, because it reminds me every time I’ve gone astray, Jesus is there to pick me up:

3 Likes

Icons of Saint Barnabas

2 Likes

Icons by the English iconographer Aidan Hart .

3 Likes

More of Aidan Hart’s

3 Likes

More of Aidan Hart’s

Saint Martin of Tour

2 Likes

More of Aidan Hart’s

3 Likes

More of Aidan Hart’s

2 Likes

The Transfiguration in the Lancaster University Chaplaincy

3 Likes

The Parable of the Ten Virgins

2 Likes

Prince of Peace. The original was made by Fr. Gabriel Chavez de la Mora, O.S.B., and hangs in the sacristy of Prince of Peace Abbey chapel in Oceanside, CA.

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.