post lent

Does anyone that didn’t necessarily get what they wanted out of their Lenten practices believe that they did get what they needed?

“You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need.” Sorry. :o

Best to let God decide what, when and how much you need. And, if you find that you can’t get no satisfaction :o:o, then perhaps it is patience that you truly need.

Seriously, it might be time to try Divine Intimacy, a classic of Carmelite spirituality in the manner of Saint Teresa of Avila and Saint John of the Cross. 365 easily ‘absorbable’ daily readings/reflections which lead one to deeper prayer and a more intimate relationship with God.

After the bible and The Imitation of Christ, it is one of the three power-hitters in the spiritual realm. A bit pricey, but finely made (equal to a top quality bible) and the Mystic Monks have the best deal on the web, as well as some killer coffee

Part of the problem is, we do not always recognized what we need! Often for many years.

po18guy: :slight_smile: “You can’t always get what you want…” That is the line that was running through my mind as I was realizing I didn’t really get what I had intended from my practices but certainly got at least a beginning of what I needed. I’ve been reading since the beginning of lent an online version of “The imitation of Christ” and have found it to be a bit of a boost for my practice.

Crusaderbear: Absolutely. I’m still in the infancy of becoming more conscious. At least realizing some of what I need. Letting go of what I wanted to have happen and being prepared to accept gifts other than those the ego was focused on, and being okay with that.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.