Post-Resurrection Fashion

Assuming that we make it to the finish line and enjoy the resurrection into everlasting life in glorified bodies… what are we gonna wear? :rolleyes:

Flowing white robes, obviously! Sheesh, don’t you ever watch TV or movies? :stuck_out_tongue:

oh, dem golden slippers, oh, dem golden slippers, golden slippers I’m gwine to wear to dance the golden streets - I think a little dixieland-spiritual is appropriate today when we are praying for the folks in New Orleans.

You two remind me of the spiritual “I got shoes.” :stuck_out_tongue: Robe, shoes, harp: my get-up is complete!

But here’s a little kink: so Adam and Eve were naked before the fall. When we get to the Resurrection, would man not be in perfect union with God again? The only other source of info we have on the state of humans in perfect union with God was nakedness.

Unfortunately, I cannot think of any Christian songs which refer to us being naked before God… Wonder why. :rolleyes:

[quote=Forest-Pine]You two remind me of the spiritual “I got shoes.” :stuck_out_tongue: Robe, shoes, harp: my get-up is complete!

But here’s a little kink: so Adam and Eve were naked before the fall. When we get to the Resurrection, would man not be in perfect union with God again? The only other source of info we have on the state of humans in perfect union with God was nakedness.

Unfortunately, I cannot think of any Christian songs which refer to us being naked before God… Wonder why. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Dear Forest Pine

Naked!!! Surely not after practising all this modesty!!!

I’m hoping the nakedness before God of Adam and Eve refers to their humility and stripped of the self, not literally being stripped!!!

I’ve worn out the exclamation key now !!!

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Actually, clothes might not be necessary…it’s a glorified body, right? So there’s no need for humility, and certainly no need for shame.

Mine just better get into better shape!!! Otherwise, I might be entitled to more than my fair share of glory. :rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.