Post some of your favorite music videos

So this thread is pretty self explanatory. What are some of your favorite music videos on the web? Who are some of your favorite musical artists? I will kick this thread off with three (3) of my absolute favorites. One is a video of Luciano Pavarotti singing Ave Maria, and that is the one song that is always guaranteed to make me cry. The second video I'll post is a music video by one of my favorite solo artists who goes by the name of Everlast. The last one I will post is a homemade Eucharistic music video that I found on youtube thats really cool. I hope you all enjoy these, and I hope there are many more that follow these.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojeLyPo_Wz4

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtmemsBdd_c

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cbGCQyP_uk&feature=PlayList&p=6FDABE79FF4B3

10 Commandments of Chivalry
youtube.com/watch?v=p_AcUFvR1BM

The Making of a Soldier of Christ
youtube.com/watch?v=1JBox7Uh3js

Okay, my picks are not nearly so sublime. :p

Here is a cover of the song "Mr. Sandman" by the German power metal band, Blind Guardian:
youtube.com/watch?v=qDFmNgmaEe0

I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I find the video to be quite amusing. :p It's that German sense of humor. ;)

I also enjoy the song "The Islander" by Nightwish:
youtube.com/watch?v=x2sd8UMUaIk

The video sort of reminds me of the movie "Up", but I'm not sure what it is all supposed to mean. :shrug:

I guess if you're looking for music videos with a Christian message, this would be a good one. :)

youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA

The song is "Everything" by Lifehouse. The skit is one of the typical "Turn Around" type of skits that seem to be a popular part of the Youth Ministry repertoire. This one is done pretty well.

[quote="Saint_wannabe, post:1, topic:205418"]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtmemsBdd_c

[/quote]

I remember Everlast from when he was just a kid: youtube.com/watch?v=DwQbPgouUYo

My favorite: youtube.com/watch?v=M8PAuvxCZuM

[quote="Apollos, post:5, topic:205418"]
I remember Everlast from when he was just a kid: youtube.com/watch?v=DwQbPgouUYo

[/quote]

HOUSE OF PAIN ROCKS!!!! Thanks for posting that.

[quote="Joe_5859, post:3, topic:205418"]

Here is a cover of the song "Mr. Sandman" by the German power metal band, Blind Guardian:

WOW!!! Its not like these guys are completely psychotic or anything, huh? lol!!!

My tastes have changed & mellowed over the years, but I still like my metal fix every once in a while. I never really cared for stuff that was any heavier than say Metallica, Prong, Testament and stuff like that. About the only new metal band that I like, is a band called Avenged Seven Fold.

Iv'e also always enjoyed listening to great guitarists like Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jeff Beck, Jimi Hendrix and others along those lines, and then Iv'e always liked bands like U2 and Blues Traveler. The music that I like the most now would be two different solo artists by the name of Ben Harper and Jack Johnson.

[/quote]

[quote="Saint_wannabe, post:8, topic:205418"]

WOW!!! Its not like these guys are completely psychotic or anything, huh? lol!!!

[/quote]

:D They definitely don't take themselves too seriously. :) One of their albums is based on Tolkien's "The Silmarillion." They're lyrics are generally pretty Christian-friendly.

My tastes seem to have gotten heavier as I've gotten older. It is interesting how our tastes change. :o

[quote="Saint_wannabe, post:7, topic:205418"]
HOUSE OF PAIN ROCKS!!!! Thanks for posting that.

[/quote]

Yeah, but after his outfit went south he did some soul-searching, renounced the drunk-a** bad boy image and lifestyle, and converted to Islam. Now he raps about injustice. Oh well, we all find our own paths.

[quote="Joe_5859, post:9, topic:205418"]
:D

My tastes seem to have gotten heavier as I've gotten older. It is interesting how our tastes change. :o

[/quote]

Well heres a couple for you. The first one is a Prong video, and its pretty damn heavy, and the second one is Blues Traveler performing live on Letterman with their heaviest song that they ever made. Its a song called Crash Burn. I would love to go see Blues Traveler live, and I do think the next time they're anywhere in the Chicagoland area, I'm going to see them.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXFhYBkcpKY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO2OFEa6aHw

[quote="Apollos, post:10, topic:205418"]
Yeah, but after his outfit went south he did some soul-searching, renounced the drunk-a** bad boy image and lifestyle, and converted to Islam. Now he raps about injustice. Oh well, we all find our own paths.

[/quote]

I wasn't aware that he converted to Islam. I think thats one of the reasons I like his music so much though, (Not because of the Islam thing.lol!!!) because he is singing about injustice in the world.

I'm not a real big fan of rap anymore. I went through my little gangster rap phase, but I got over that. I pretty much draw the line with Everlast. I also really like how he incorporates different musical instruments like acoustic guitar, violins and things like that. I think that I also appreciate the fact that he's not dropping f bombs every ten seconds and singing degrading things about women, which seems to be the norm as far as rap goes. He actually brings class to rap, if thats possible for everyone to believe.

[quote="Joe_5859, post:4, topic:205418"]
I guess if you're looking for music videos with a Christian message, this would be a good one. :)

youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA

The song is "Everything" by Lifehouse. The skit is one of the typical "Turn Around" type of skits that seem to be a popular part of the Youth Ministry repertoire. This one is done pretty well.

[/quote]

That one actually made me cry the first time I watched it. It never gets old.

Some women?

The angel Alison Krauss with Union Station:
There Is A Reason - for lyrics click here
A Living Prayer - for lyrics click here

The demon Alanis Morissette with a prayer:
That I Would Be Good - for lyrics click here

And from Spain, where I'm posting, some gypsy flamenco because it makes me happy
youtube.com/watch?v=nr4sD5BE_ZA

[quote="Saint_wannabe, post:11, topic:205418"]
Well heres a couple for you. The first one is a Prong video, and its pretty damn heavy, and the second one is Blues Traveler performing live on Letterman with their heaviest song that they ever made. Its a song called Crash Burn. I would love to go see Blues Traveler live, and I do think the next time they're anywhere in the Chicagoland area, I'm going to see them.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXFhYBkcpKY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO2OFEa6aHw

[/quote]

Prong... classic. I can never think of them without thinking of "Snap your fingers, snap your neck." :) Quite a peculiar song title. I never got into them for some reason. I think the aforementioned song scared me a bit. :p

You're right, I don't think I've ever seen Blues Traveler rock that hard. :)

FIRST TEAM! HOOAH!

youtube.com/watch?v=vfBGqvjq2wc&NR=1

youtube.com/watch?v=Rpq4FFxwX-0&NR=1

This next one is a recruitment video: WARNING it does show a terrorist with an RPG being taken out; it is not graphic but he is killed.

youtube.com/watch?v=JbT0diLsI2U&feature=related

You want to join the military this is what’s it’s about baby. Well partly.

[quote="Apollos, post:6, topic:205418"]
My favorite: youtube.com/watch?v=M8PAuvxCZuM

[/quote]

:dancing::clapping::rotfl::rotfl:

[quote="Joe_5859, post:3, topic:205418"]

I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I find the video to be quite amusing. :p It's that German sense of humor. ;)

I also enjoy the song "The Islander" by Nightwish:
youtube.com/watch?v=x2sd8UMUaIk

The video sort of reminds me of the movie "Up", but I'm not sure what it is all supposed to mean. :shrug:

[/quote]

I like both. :thumbsup:

How about some Metallica? youtube.com/watch?v=H7csvgL-G3E

[quote="Apollos, post:19, topic:205418"]
How about some Metallica? youtube.com/watch?v=H7csvgL-G3E

[/quote]

Thats pretty cool, Iv'e never heard that version before. Thanks for posting that.

Now, heres some real Metallica. I'm also posting a couple of old school videos. One is a band called Thin Lizzy doing a song called Bad Reputation, and the other one is a song called Wild Dogs by Tommy Bolin. The Tommy Bolin video isn't actually a video, just the song with a bunch of pictures, but the song itself really rocks.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz9DX_VMXdI

www.youtube.com/watch?v=h73_EyMCt4s

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhtgxS6z9yo

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.