“Post-Traumatic Church Syndrome”–An Autopsy on the Death of Religious Faith

Reba Riley’s memoir, Post-Traumatic Church Syndrome: A Memoir of Humor and Healing describes her loss of religious faith in her early 20′s and her subsequent attempt to assemble a meaningful spiritual life for herself.

I was struck by her interview with the Religion News Service because at the time I read it, I had just finished writing my paper for the journal to be published at the conclusion of the World Meeting of Families at which my wife and I are both speaking. Riley’s interview read like a case study of the major problem I was describing in the paper; Spiritual Ambivalence.

patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2015/08/post-traumatic-church-syndrome-an-autopsy-on-the-death-of-religious-faith/

Religion goes up and down. Did you know that in the late 1700’s to the 1880’s only 10% of the US population attended church? People were tired of the religious wars they fled in Europe. :eek:

Great post coming out of secular Oregon…

Could this be a result of the “Free Market Christ”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.