Post Your Thoughts On This Article

Women Wrongly Warned Cancer, Abortion Tied

“In my experience, this inaccurate information is going to dissuade few women from going ahead and having the abortion,” said Dr. Vanessa Cullins, vice president for medical affairs at Planned Parenthood (news - web sites) Federation of America. "What it does do is put a false guilt trip and fear trip on that woman

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=541&ncid=751&e=7&u=/ap/20041110/ap_on_he_me/abortion_cancer

[quote=Lilyofthevalley]Women Wrongly Warned Cancer, Abortion Tied

“In my experience, this inaccurate information is going to dissuade few women from going ahead and having the abortion,” said Dr. Vanessa Cullins, vice president for medical affairs at Planned Parenthood (news - web sites) Federation of America. "What it does do is put a false guilt trip and fear trip on that woman

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=541&ncid=751&e=7&u=/ap/20041110/ap_on_he_me/abortion_cancer
[/quote]

my extremely uneducated opinion: Abortion is wrong, has always been wrong and will always be wrong… as with any sin… the usual choice is made when the pants hit the floor… now we have a third person to consider, and they have rights…

now for the real problem… trying to curb sin…

Oh give me a break! unnecesary guilt!? how about very neccesary guilt! why not show them what an aborted baby looks like? or tell them about the emotional damage they will suffer FOREVER! why not call it a baby instead of a “mass” or “tissue” its a baby! breast cancer wont stop them, but some real info might could!

The abortion industry is just keep abortion legal at any cost. The fact is we know there is a link between abortion and breast cancer. The abortion industry doesn’t want to admit it. They want women to think that having an abortion is perfectly safe and natural, and that there are no risks involved and nothing wrong with it. It’s all lies. Having an abortion isn’t safe, it isn’t natural, and there are lots of risks involved-the possibility of breast cancer is just one of them, not to mention all the psychological damage it does.

Scout :tiphat:

There is a demonstrable correlation between abortion and increased risk of certain types of cancer. This has been confirmed by several studies conducted in both America and Europe. For a survey of the research, please see this article.

– Mark L. Chance.

Texas has had a similar program in place since the First of the Year. The law was called a Womans’ Right to Know. It included information on the Abortion/Breast Cancer link as well as information on possible after effects of both abortion (including post abortion stress) and childbirth. It also included beautiful pictures of the baby at various stages of gestation. And it includes a wonderful statement that the doctor is required by law to inform the woman of possible complications (which many clinics don’t do). The woman has to acknowledge her receipt of all of this information.

PP and friends tried to keep the bill from passing, they tried to keep the material from being published and distributed and then tried to get it reversed in court. So far all of their efforts were unsuccessful. I would guess that the Mississippi information is modeled on the same type as what Texas uses. Since legal challenges have failed in TX, I think the MS law will stand too. I think they are the same Judicial Circuit (but I may be wrong).

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.