Postulants--Carmelite Sisters in Los Angeles

Here is a beautiful slideshow of the new postulants of the Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart in Los Angeles, CA. The music in the background is beautiful. If anyone knows if that is available for purchase, please let me know!

Just a little tidbit of fun: I met the first postulant shown with her parents (in a red shirt) at a vocation retreat with the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal in January this year. She was a candidate with the Carmelites, but wanted to test her vocation to make sure she wasn't called to the Franciscans. Obviously, she stayed put. ;)

carmelitesistersocd.com/events/slide_postulants.asp

DaughterOfMary6- May God reward you for sharing this video…I don’t know what it is about Carmelite but everytime I see a photo, video, Prayer, etc. it brings such peace and joy.

God bless the Carmelites for what they do.

Did you discern with this order as well?

Are you still in contact with any of the women you were discering with?

God bless,
goforgoal

A few months ago, I heard Mother Regina Marie Gorman (superior general of this order) tell the story of her life on Immaculate Heart Radio. It was one of the most powerful I've ever heard, and it made a huge impression on me.

If she is the Mother of this order, they have to be pretty special :yup:

[quote="goforgoal, post:2, topic:215615"]
DaughterOfMary6- May God reward you for sharing this video...I don't know what it is about Carmelite but everytime I see a photo, video, Prayer, etc. it brings such peace and joy.

God bless the Carmelites for what they do.

Did you discern with this order as well?

Are you still in contact with any of the women you were discering with?

God bless,
goforgoal

[/quote]

No, I never did discern with this order. I viewed their website several times but never felt called to visit. They are beautiful, but I was never interested in teaching.

DaughterofMary6- You were curious about the beautiful background music well I have to admit so was I and I contacted the sisters here is there reply I received back in an email this morning.

Good morning, CDs can be purchased on our website www.carmelitesistersocd.com . Just click on gift store. Or if you look on the bottom of the slide show frame, you can click right there and it will take you to the right page. God bless and may your religious vocation flourish in Gods garden of Carmel. In Christ our Lord, Sr. Timothy Marie OCD

[quote="goforgoal, post:5, topic:215615"]
DaughterofMary6- You were curious about the beautiful background music well I have to admit so was I and I contacted the sisters here is there reply I received back in an email this morning.

[/quote]

Thank you very much for finding out that information! I'm earmarking that website and I hope to buy the CD when I get a little extra money. :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.