Posture for Holy Communion-Clarified

I realized that my real question which should have been the third option is
Kneel, even if there are no provisions or I have been instructed to stand.

If you always kneel in a Parish where there are provisions, that would be the second option.

None of the above. These choices are loaded with an agenda and don’t fit most situations.

[quote=kmktexas]None of the above. These choices are loaded with an agenda and don’t fit most situations.
[/quote]

My agenda is to try to determine how many people kneel when there are no provisions or they are instructed to stand. I do not want to count those who kneel in a Parish which does not enforce the standing norm.

[quote=Mysty101]I realized that my real question which should have been the third option is
Kneel, even if there are no provisions or I have been instructed to stand.

If you always kneel in a Parish where there are provisions, that would be the second option.
[/quote]

What is the basis of your question?

[quote=Mysty101]My agenda is to try to determine how many people kneel when there are no provisions or they are instructed to stand. I do not want to count those who kneel in a Parish which does not enforce the standing norm.
[/quote]

Why are you asking this?

This poll is worse than the last one.

Kneeling is allowed and cannot be refused.

The other issue is that you have not defined which liturgy your poll is applied to.

It is really pointless for any discussion on TLM since kneeling is the posture there, so this sould be limited to the current Ordo.

-Ted

Kristine

You are on the ball-that is exactly how I read into the question. Next thing you know Mysty will be calling up my Bishop saying I am a schismatic and not following the all important GIRM.

I think more people here may want to look at who actually receives our Lord and what is their disposition-Are they in a state of sanctifying Grace having performed a good and valid confession and not committed another Mortal sin since (check your good old examination of conscience)

But the problem with that is that our church and Priests have stopped teaching and preaching about sin-I am amazed as that is the one thing that the Protestant Ministers do so well if you have ever went to or listened to an Evangelist-but for some reason those 6 Protestant ministers at Vatican II who made up our New Mass along with the Mason Bugnini must have forget to incorporate that into the Liturgy.

[quote=kmktexas]None of the above. These choices are loaded with an agenda and don’t fit most situations.
[/quote]

My last post on this thread. :cool:

[quote=BulldogCath]Kristine
You are on the ball-that is exactly how I read into the question. Next thing you know Mysty will be calling up my Bishop saying I am a schismatic and not following the all important GIRM.
[/quote]

That is totally uncalled for—where did I say anything of that nature?

I think more people here may want to look at who actually receives our Lord and what is their disposition-Are they in a state of sanctifying Grace having performed a good and valid confession and not committed another Mortal sin since (check your good old examination of conscience)

Judge not, least ye may be judged.

My sty 101

Kneeling communicants really bug you, don’t they? Loosen up.
12 step recovery programs teach that acceptance is the key. You might try that. Or another 12 step logo is “Let go and let God.” They also suggest that you can remove the resentments in your life by simply praying for the person, place, or thing that you resent each time the resentment crosses your mind for two whole weeks. Sometimes people with resentments that are really working against their serenity are given “resentment chips,” usually poker chips that they are to carry in their pocket to remind them to pray about their resentment frequently. You could try praying for all us kneeling communicants. You might get over your resentment. God might change us. God might change you. God might change the whole Church. You never quite know how God will answer your prayers until you try.
Peace be with you.

My sty 101

You really have an obvious resentment against kneeling communicants.

Here’s a few suggestions gleaned from a 12 step recovery program:

1. Loosen up.
  2. Let go and let God.
  3. Pray for the person, place, or thing that you resent each time it crosses your mind for at least 2 weeks straight.

Some groups distribute “resentment chips” to people whose serenity is jeopardized by resentment. These chips are simply poker chips to carry in their pockets to remind them to pray each time they reach in their pocket.

God sometimes changes the person with the resentment. Sometimes God changes the resented person, place, or thing. Sometimes God changes the bigger picture. However God answers the prayers, the resenting person is restored to a better level of serenity within two weeks.

I highly recommend the two week resentment prayer plan. You might change. I might change. The whole Catholic Church might change. But however God changes things to restore you to serenity, you will be free from initiating venomous anti-fellow Catholic threads aimed at people that licitly kneel in adoration of the Body of Christ.

I’m sorry for my two consecutive posts containing roughly the same content. My computer and I are not always on the same speed. I thought my first post got deleted and so rewrote my ideas. Whoops!

[quote=Mernpap]My sty 101

Kneeling communicants really bug you, don’t they? .
[/quote]

Not at all–if it is the norm.

I picked the 3rd choice, even thought the poll is awful.

Kneeling is allowed. It cannot be denied. If someone wants to kneel in the Communion que and I trip over them, I’ll call my P.I. attorney. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Ted

[quote=Defensor Fidei]I picked the 3rd choice, even thought the poll is awful.

Kneeling is allowed. It cannot be denied. If someone wants to kneel in the Communion que and I trip over them, I’ll call my P.I. attorney. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Ted
[/quote]

Can I have his name and number? :smiley: I have the scar’s to prove my case… :slight_smile:

[quote=Defensor Fidei]This poll is worse than the last one.

[/quote]

And you are still reading & posting.

I just wanted to see if there was a significant number of people who go for “private inclination or arbitrary choice.” rather than “what serves the common spiritual good of the People of God,” .in spite of the instructions

Therefore, attention should be paid to what is determined by this General Instruction and the traditional practice of the Roman Rite and to what serves the common spiritual good of the People of God, rather than private inclination or arbitrary choice.

I choose to abstain from the poll!

Here’s my answer from AZ: whenever, no matter at which Ordo or Tridentine, whenever the deacon, priest or E.M. is much shorter than mua, AND there are zero altar servers assisting with paten to prevent the Body,Blood,Soul and Divinity of our Eucharistic Lord from falling on the floor, which has happened to me personally, I KNEEL, no matter what provisions are or are not available.

God bless you all and yours,

Love,
D in AZ
[right]
[/right]

[quote=Mysty101]And you are still reading & posting.

I just wanted to see if there was a significant number of people who go for “private inclination or arbitrary choice.” rather than “what serves the common spiritual good of the People of God,” .in spite of the instructions
[/quote]

There is no arbitrary choice. Evengthough the norm is standing the Vatican CDWDS has made it crystal clear that those who kneel cannot be denied.

Now if there is one person out of 500 in a Mass that has to kneel…big deal, that show boat mentality will catch up to that person.

-Ted

[quote=Defensor Fidei]There is no arbitrary choice. Evengthough the norm is standing the Vatican CDWDS has made it crystal clear that those who kneel cannot be denied.
-Ted
[/quote]

This is not saying it is allowed, as was pointed out many times.

They are to be instructed as to the norm, and it does not say what is to be done, if they do not follow the instruction.

1. The priest then takes the paten or ciborium and goes to the communicants, who, as a rule, approach in a procession.

The faithful are not permitted to take the consecrated bread or the sacred chalice by themselves and, still less, to hand them from one to another. The norm for reception of Holy Communion in the dioceses of the United States is standing. Communicants should not be denied Holy Communion because they kneel. Rather, such instances should be addressed pastorally, by providing the faithful with proper catechesis on the reasons for this norm.

When receiving Holy Communion, the communicant bows his or her head before the Sacrament as a gesture of reverence and receives the Body of the Lord from the minister. The consecrated host may be received either on the tongue or in the hand, at the discretion of each communicant. When Holy Communion is received under both kinds, the sign of reverence is also made before receiving the Precious Blood.

Again, the CDW said standing was allowed with the understanding those that want to kneel may kneel.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.