Powerful Novena prayers?

Hi guys,

Im looking for some powerful Novena prayers, I need a favour from God and really want to devote some time in prayer to obtain it.

Im not bothered by what type of novena, it can be to God, Jesus, Mary, the saints.

Thanks in advance,

Tony.

ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/novena.htm

Hi thanks for that, but I have already been on that site…

I suppose im looking for novenas which mabe people have used for there own personal use and is know not to fail?

thanks.

I am not sure what you mean by “not to fail”.
God is not a magician, and novena is not Aladdin’s lamp. Every prayer is heard. Our prayer will be granted as we wish if it is in line with God’s will.

Pray for God’s will be done.

There are no novenas written for Blessed Pius IX yet. But I have never been denied anything that I have ever asked through his prayers and intercessions. Whatever your needs I refer you to Blessed Piux IX.

Hi there and thanks for your comment,

This is the type of helpful thought im looking for, that will point me in the right direction.

Any one else, who has something positive to share please do so.

Cheers Tony.

Tony:

Because Blessed Pius IX has always been so very good to me, I felt it totally unfair that he should not have a novena. So I took it upon myself to write one. I used a novena to St. Jude and another novena to St. Benedict as my models. Then I went to a short biography of Pius IX and molded the models into a novena for him. (Personally written prayers are acceptable for private devotions, but not for public use.)

Give this a shot and let me know how things turn out.

Novena to Blessed Pius IX

Glorious Blessed Pius IX, sublime model of virtue, pure vessel of God’s grace, and Holy Father of the Church! Behold me humbly kneeling at your feet. I implore you in your loving kindness to pray for me before the throne of God. To you I have recourse in the dangers that daily surround me. Shield me against my selfishness and my indifference to God and to my neighbor. Inspire me to imitate you in all things. May your blessing be with me always, so that I may see and serve Christ in others, defend His Church and work for His kingdom.

Graciously obtain for me from God those favors and graces which I need so much in the trials, miseries and afflictions of life. You defended our holy Mother, the Church in the face of great heresies. You declared Our Lady to be Immaculately Conceived. You freed those imprisoned for political crimes. Your heart was always full of love, compassion and mercy toward priests and missionaries.

I therefore invoke your powerful intercession, confident in the hope that you will hear my prayers and obtain for me the special grace and favor I earnestly implore.

**{mention your petition} **

Help me, Holy Father Blessed Pius IX, to live and die as a faithful child of God and an obedient servant of the Church, to run in the sweetness of His loving will, and to attain the eternal happiness of heaven.

I promise, O Blessed Pius IX, to be ever mindful of this great favor granted me by God and to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.

Amen.

May the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored,
and loved in all the tabernacles until the end of time.

Amen.

May the most Sacred Heart of Jesus
be praised and glorified now and forever.

Amen

Blessed Pius IX pray for us and hear our prayers.

Amen.

Blessed be the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Blessed be the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Blessed be Blessed Pius IX
in all the world and for all Eternity.

(When finishing this prayer, recite the following prayers three times…)
Our Father…

Hail Mary…

Glory Be . . .

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.