Powerful novenas?

Which novenas have been especially powerful for you? how were they answered? :slight_smile: just wondering… I’m trying to find a good novena. Thanks!!

This is not my personal story, but a man named Marino Restrepo has an amazing conversion story. He is from Colombia and although he was raised Catholic he went on to live an extremely worldly and sinful life, traveling the world and involved in sinful aspects of entertainment and acting. But one day when he was visiting relatives in his home town he prayed a certain novena to the child Jesus which was popular there (I believe it ends on Christmas Eve as a matter of fact). He prayed for very worldly things, but the Lord had His own plans. Soon after, he was kidnapped by rebels and held for ransom in the jungle. After turning to all kinds of New Age philosophies in order to find solace and finding none, he turned to what little Catholic spirituality he could remember from his childhood. This is when he began to have a tremendous mystical experience in which the Lord imparted many things to him. After several months, he escaped under miraculous circumstances and now he travels the world telling his story and sharing the immense knowledge he gained from his incredible mystical experience. If you type “Marino Restrepo” into Google you can learn more.

All novenas are powerful, it is the faith and confidence we pray them with that is important.

And, now that I’ve said that one of my favorite saints is St. Therese of Lisieux. There is a five-day prayer to her in which we say five Our Father’s, five Hail Mary’s, and five Glory Be’s and then ask Therese to hear our petition.

Many years ago I made such a petition to St. Therese, asking that my car would be sold. Two days later a couple came with their teen-age son, who had just wrecked his car, and they wanted to buy him another. Mine was kind of sporty looking, so they were thinking about getting that for him, and they said they would call us, get the money, and come back.

I was a bit saddened that this teen-age boy who was in an accident was going to get another car just handed to him, I thought there would be more well-intentioned people that would buy the car. But, I put it out of my mind and offered it up to the Lord, admitting that I shouldn’t judge who was worthy of buying the car. (I wasn’t asking too much for it either).

My young son was outside playing and he came in the house with a red rose for me! He said he found it in the street and wanted to give it to me. It looked like it had fallen out of a beautiful bouquet. Later on, that couple with the teen-age son called me and said they changed their mind about the car, and after that a lady called me whose car was recently totalled, and she had gotten money from her insurance and needed a car pronto so she could get back to work. She came over, liked the car, and gave me the cash!

Both my husband and I were astounded at that turn of events!

:slight_smile: For work - definately the novena to St. Josemarie Escriva,

my hubby was facing the possibillity of losing his job so we said this novena together
on the eighth day of this novena his contract was renewed

And what about a novena? Great story btw…

And what about a novena? Great story btw…

Marino prayed a novena to the Child Jesus which was popular in his Colombian hometown immediately before he was kidnapped. I just looked at his website and I gather that the particular novena was to the Divine Infant of Prague.

here is a novena prayer that i put together myself inspired by other prayers…unlike other novenas where you say it once a day, i find that you should say this as many times as you can each day because your helping relieve and release the holy souls who in turn will pray for your requests…the more you help them the more they will help you…so if you have a big favour pray it lots of times and trust that your prayer will be answered

Eternal Father, i offer you:
the body and blood soul and divinity of your dearly beloved son our lord jesus christ,
and i also offer you the bitter passion, agonising death, holy wounds and precious blood of our lord jesus christ,
and i also offer you the holy name, holy face, sacred heart and divine mercy of our lord jesus christ.
in union with all the masses that are being said this day throughout the whole world,
firstly to expiate all the sins that all the holy souls in purgatory commited during each and every day of their whole life,
secondly to purify all the good that all the holy souls in purgatory dad poorly during each and every day of their whole life,
thirdly to supply for all the good that all the holy souls in purgatory ought to have done and that they neglected to do during each and every day of their whole life.
fourth for relief and deliverance for all the holy souls in purgatory.
and i beg you eternal father to please grant to me through the prayers and intercessions of all the holy souls in purgatory the following favours (name requests)

I see too that you love St Gemma too. she’s my favorit and such a great helper

these are my favorite novenas

Novena to Saint Gemma Galgani
stgemmagalgani.com/2008/11/novena-to-st-gemma-galgani.html

Sr. Josefa Menendez Novena
newjerusalem.com/Novena.htm

St Michael Novena
catholicdoors.com/prayers/novenas/p00084.htm

A novena of Communions in honor of Saint Philomena is wonderful!

Our Lord and Our Lady are so good when Saint Philomena asks a favor.

St. John Vianney called her the Wonder Worker. She is!

a powerful novena for me is to St. Padre Pio. He is constatntly helping becoming more patient, yet I have been given quite a few challenges and am handling them differently than in the past

as others have mentioned St Philomena is so amazing…can’t believe i forgot to mention her, sorry St Philomena…lol

I also wanted to mention this prayer. Although not a novena but a powerful prayer none the less

How to Become a Spiritual Child of St. Padre Pio
“I have made a pact with the Lord: when my soul has been purified in the flames of purgatory and deemed worthy to be admitted to the presence of God, I will take my place at the gate to paradise, but I shall not enter until I have seen the last of my spiritual children enter.”

~ St. Pio, from a letter to spiritual daughter Antonietta Pompilio ~

O Saint Padre Pio,
holy bearer of the Wounds of Christ,
accept us this day as your spiritual
sons and daughters and keep us
always on the narrow path
by your intercession.
And do thou, O our Spiritual Father,
stay there at the Gates of Heaven until
all of your spiritual children have entered
through, even and including us.
Through Christ our Lord,
Amen.

Dear Padre Pio, I recall your promise to the Lord, “Lord, I will stand at the gates of heaven until I see all my spiritual children have entered.”

Encouraged by your gracious promise, I ask you to accept me as a spiritual child and to intercede for my prayer requests…(Here state your petitions)

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and forever. Amen.

Thanks for posting the link to the St. Michael Novena.

Someone suggested I pray a 30-day Rosary novena to find employment. Here are the results:

During the novena I landed a very temporary, very short-term position in the middle of November that is only scheduled to last until sometime in January. I would love to work there longer but without a miracle it’s not likely, as I’m replacing someone who went in for surgery, who was in turn replacing someone who took maternity leave. Meanwhile, shortly after the position started, I became severely ill with the flu and had to go in to work sick for two weeks, even coughed up a little blood in the ladies’ room from my throat being so raw. Seems like a major spiritual battle, so besides the Rosary this St. Michael Novena sounds like a good idea.

So yes, I’d say the novena is powerful. And no, nobody said it would be easy.

~~ the phoenix

the express novena where you pray 9 memorares in a row is a pretty powerful novena…mother teresa invented it and she and the sisters at the convent would pray it and they got answers to their prayers quick

The most Powerful Novenas(for any favor) that have never known to fail are:

1. Novena to Saint Antony:
    O white lily of purity, sublime example of poverty, true mirror of humility, resplendent star of sanctity O glorious saint Antony who didst enjoy the sweet privilege of receiving into thy arms, the infant Jesus, I beseech thee to take me under thy powerful protection.Thou, in whom the power of working miracles shines forth among the other gifts of God, have pity upon me and come to my aid in this my great need (make your petition).
    Cleanse my heart from every disorderly affection, obtain for me a true contrition for my sins, and a great love of God and of my neighbour that serving God faithfully in this life, I may come to praise, enjoy, and bless him eternally with thee in Paradise, Amen. Say 1 Father, 1 Hail Mary…followed by Glory be to the Father, and to the son, and to the Holy spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be world without end Amen

Thank you st. Antony for the favors received.

1. Novena to St. Jude
    O holy St. Jude, apostle and Martyr, great in virtue and rich in miracles, near kinsman of Jesus Christ, faithful intercessor of all who invoke your special patronage in time of need, to you I have recourse from the depth of my heart and humbly beg to whom God has given such a great power to come to my assistance. Help me in my present urgent petition, in return I promise to make your name known and cause you to be invoked.
    Say 3 Our Fathers, 3Hail Mary’s and 3 Glory be’s.
    Must be said for 9 consecutive days or 9 consecutive hours in just one day.

Thank you St. Jude for the favors received.

1. Prayer to the Holy Spirit
    Holy Spirit, you who makes me see everything and who shows me the way to reach my ideals, you who gives me the divine gift to forgive and forget all that is done to me, and you who are in all the instincts of my life with me, I , in this short dialogue, want to thank you for everything and affirm once more that I never want to be separated from you, no matter how great the material desires may be. I want to be with you and my loved ones in their perpetual glory. To that end and submitting to God’s holy will, I ask from you (your request).
    To be said 3 times for 9 consecutive hours in just one day.

2. Novena to God the Father
    God my heavenly Father, I adore You, and I count myself as nothing before your divine majesty. You alone are being, life, truth, and Goodness, Helpless and unworthy as I am, I honor You, I Praise You, I Thank You, and I Love You in union with Jesus Christ your son, our Saviour, and our Brother in the merciful kindness of His heart, and through His infinite merits I desire to please You, to obey You, and to Love you always in union with Mary Immaculate Mother of God and our mother. I also desire to love and serve my neighbour for the love of You. Heavenly Father, thank You for making me your child through baptism. With childlike confidence behaviour, I ask you for this special favour ( make request).
    I ask that your will may be done. Give me what you know to be best for my soul and for the souls of those for whom I pray. Give me Your Holy Spirit, to enlighten me, to correct me, and to guide me in the way of Your commandments and Holiness, while I strife for the happiness of heaven where I hope to glorify You forever… Amen

These novenas have helped me get all my requests, I am sharing them with you so that you too may experience it’s miraculous fruits.

Holy Spirit You who makes me see everything and who shows me the way to reach my ideals,You who gives me the Divine gift to forgive and forget all that is done to me and You who are in all instincts of my life with me, I in this short dialogue, want to thank You for everything and affirm once more that I never want to be seperated from You, no matter how great the material desires may be. I want to be with You and my loved ones in their perpetual glory. To that end and submitting to God’s Holy will, I ask from You(your request). This peayer should be said for 3 consecutive days after the 3rd day the request will be granted, while making this request one should (A) promise to pubish it on granting of the prayer or (B) promise to circulate copies of it to as many people as possible. The idea is to spread the wonder of the Holy Spirit

Thank you for this link! I was just searching for a Saint for people who struggle with the loss of a parent. My ex boyfriend lost his father in 1995 while he was in his 20s and he continues to dig himself deeper and deeper into a hole as he closes himself from everyone around him. We hardly ever communicate anymore but I still care for him so much so I want to start to pray for him again.

How about st therese the little flower…her mother died when she was a young child

Novena for the Defeat of the Enemy of God & All His Evil Works

First: Specify your intention out loud if you can. I’ve been praying for the elimination of all evil influence from the person and lives of _____________ .

Second: Pray the prayers below in the order shown.

Our Father
Hail Mary
Glory Be

Prayer to Our Lady, Queen of Angels:

August Queen of Heaven, Sovereign Mistress of the Angels, thou who from the beginning has received from God the power and the mission to crush the head of Satan, we humbly beseech thee to send they holy legions that, under thy command and by thy power, they may pursue the evil spirits, encounter them on every side, resist their bold attacks and drive then hence into the abyss of eternal woe. Amen

Prayer to Saint Michael

Glorious St. Michael, Prince of the Heavenly Hosts, who standest always ready to give assistance to the faithful, who didst fight with the dragon, the old serpent and didst cast him out of heaven, and now valiantly defendest the Church of God that the gates of hell may never prevail against her, I earnestly entreat thee to assist us also against the painful and dangerous conflict which we have to sustain against the same formidable foe. Be with us, O mighty Prince, that we may courageously fight and wholly vanquish that proud spirit whom thou hast by the Divine Power so gloriously overthrown and whom our powerful King, Jesus Christ, has, in our nature, so completely overcome; so that having triumphed over the enemy of our salvation, we may with thee and the holy Angels praise God Who has granted repentance and forgiveness to fallen man.
Amen.

ST. MICHAEL, The Archangel, most powerful Prince of the armies of the Lord and standard-bearer of the Most Holy Trinity.
Response: Pray for us, defend the Church, and cast Satan into hell.

ST. MICHAEL, Bulwark of believers, and strength of those who fight under the standard of the Cross.

ST. MICHAEL, Our help in all adversities and Herald of the everlastingsentence.
Response : Pray for us, defend the Church, and cast Satan into hell.

ST. GABRIEL, Glorious Archangel, Strength of God and Herald of the Incarnation.

ST. GABRIEL, Guardian of the Immaculate Virgin, who revealed the glories of Mary, and foretold the greatness of Jesus.

ST. GABRIEL, Strength of the Just, Protector of the faithful and Defender of the Faith.

ST. RAPHAEL, Glorious Archangel, Terror of demons and our refuge in trials

ST. RAPHAEL, Filled with zeal for the conversion of souls

ST. RAPHAEL, Angel of Peace and Prosperity, whose name means “Medicine of God”

ARDENT SERAPHIM, by virtue of the Divine Blood:

BRIGHT CHERUBIM, by virtue of the Divine Blood

SUBLIME THRONES, by virtue of the Divine Blood

SUPREME DOMINATIONS, by virtue of the Divine Blood

INVINCIBLE POWERS by virtue of the Divine Blood

HEAVENLY VIRTUES by virtue of the Divine Blood

SOVEREIGN PRINCIPALITIES by virtue of the Divine Blood

MOST HOLY ANGELS by virtue of the Divine Blood

Let us pray,

O LORD GOD, send to our assistance the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, St. Raphael and the Holy Angels. May they, who we believe stand before the throne of Thy Majesty, offer unto Thee our humble petitions to be blessed by Thee, through Christ Our Lord. Amen.

O Heavenly Father, we ask all things in the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, for Thy glory, for the glory of Thy Son and for the glory of the Holy Ghost. Praise be to Thee, God, now and forever. Amen.

The Angelus

The Angel of the Lord declared to Mary:
And she conceived of the Holy Spirit.

The Hail Mary. Amen.
Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word.

Hail Mary
And the Word was made Flesh: And dwelt among us.

Hail Mary
Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray:
Pour forth, we beseech Thee, O Lord, Thy grace into our hearts; that we, to whom the
incarnation of Christ, Thy Son, was made known by the message of an angel, may by His Passion and Cross be brought to the glory of His Resurrection, through the same Christ Our Lord.
Amen.

O Divine Eternal Father, in union with your Divine Son and the Holy Spirit, and through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg You to destroy the Power of your greatest enemy – the evil spirits. Cast them into the deepest recesses of hell and chain them there forever! Take possession of Your Kingdom which You have created and which is rightfully Yours. Heavenly Father, give us the reign of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. I repeat this prayer out of pure love for You with every beat of my heart and with every breath I take.
Amen

Third: Thank the Lord for hearing your prayers.

I prayed my first Novena last year and it was to the Holy Spirit shortly after I returned to the Church.

I didn’t ‘feel’ any powerful conversion, or spirit within me, like some expect. I didn’t receive a lightning bolt from above, per se.

However, shortly after finishing the Novena, I was ‘put’ into places where I could share the Holy Spirit, and the Faith. I was able to quote passages of the Bible I didn’t know that I knew (or some I had barely read the days before); I was able to say things that made sense to the person I was talking with, but I had no real concept of putting into words before that.

God is so Good!

I want to say to be careful what you pray for, because you just might get it! But we shouldn’t be careful…we should jump right in and accept it, and know that God’s plan for us is perfect.

Also, if I’m not mistaken, we shouldn’t say “this prayer is never known to fail; publication must be promised”. These are superstitions/incorrect wordings, and not appropriate. All prayers are answered and heard, but they may not be answered in the manner in which we expect or want.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.