Praise God

Hello:

This is my first post but I just wanted to put out a piece of praise to God Who is so good to us and Who not only consents to hearing our prayers but listens and answers us. Truly, we are blessed.

The background is that this was an awful weekend that could have ended in disaster for my fiancee, but God saw fit to give us everything we really needed, just as we needed it. I think about the line from the Our Father: “Give us this day our daily bread.” That reminds me of manna from heaven, and how the Israelites were only allowed to take as much as they would use that day. This weekend was like that.

We prayed hard, together, and God provided everything we needed, just in time, when things could really have gone off the rails if He had not.

So really I just wanted to write a post saying how Great He is. Psalm 63, in the transaltion of my youth, reads:

O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.
Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.
Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.
But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth.
They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes.
But the king shall rejoice in God; every one that sweareth by him shall glory: but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.

Amen.

Amen:)

A wonderful way to begin as a member of CAF! and a wonderful way to live your life as a Catholic Christian! In praise of God and in gratitude to God for His goodness and love!

Welcome to CAF!

And to reiterate your words!

• “O God You are my God for You I long; *
    for You my soul is thirsting.
    *My body pines for You *
    *like a dry weary land without water. *
    *So I gaze on You in the sanctuary *
    to see Your strength and Your glory.
    For Your love is better than life,
    my lips will speak your praise.
    In Your name, I will lift up my hands.
    My soul shall be filled as with a banquet,
    my mouth shall praise you with joy.
    On my bed, I remember You.
    On You I muse through the night
    for You have been my help;
    in the shadow of Your wings, I rejoice!
    My soul clings to You;
    *Your right hand holds me fast.*[Psalm 63]
    Jerusalem Bible translation

Amen!

Wonderful! Praising the Lord with you …

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.