Pray for a Couple Wishing to Adopt

There’s an American couple who wants to adopt a child domestically within the USA.

It seems they’re being passed over because of their age and appearance. They are in at least their mid thirties and not the most glamorous looking. Apparently, when their application is given to single mothers choosing adoption, this couple must compete with young beautiful twenty-something couples.

This couple is becoming sad and discouraged. It also looks like they’re being “strung along” by the adoption agency who keeps saying they’re “so close” to adopting a child … The adoption agency, of course, continues to collect paperwork fees from the couple while they wait.

Please pray that they are finally blessed with a child.

A relative of mine asked me to please post this prayer request. She humbly asks the assistance of the CAF prayer warriors for her friends.

Thank you so much.

My husband and I just adopted a beautiful girl from the NJ foster care system. I highly recommend it - we got a wonderful child and are now a family. Cheers, Pamela

Jesus, here is a couple who wants to welcome one of Your little ones who has been allowed life, but not welcomed by his or her parents. Dearest Jesus please have compassion on them and be so delighted that they long to welcome one of Your precious little ones, that You cause any objections to be over come, and a child placed in their care.
Please hear my prayer Jesus.

Loving God,

We come before you today and ask for your blessing on this couple who desires to live out the call Jesus had for each of us, to care for the little ones in the world and bring them up safely and in the faith. Please grant your favor on their request in accordance with your divine and perfect will, and help the couple to maintain courage and hope that your plan for them will be fulfilled. The world needs good and righteous parents Lord, and many children grow up in difficult and harmful circumstances that make finding their way as adults very challenging. Please bless both the prospective parents and the child they will raise and help them to find each other and be united in Your love.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for them. I have some acquaintances in the same situation. The woman has some physical disabilities and they have been strung along for years by the adoption agencies while, of course, paying a lot of money for fees, etc.

Praying…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

praying

Amen … continuing in prayer.

Thank you everyone for praying for this couple!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Father,as the mother of an adopted child I feel for this couple. It seems as if they are being denied the opportunity of being parents TWICE! But You are in charge. Everything happens according to Your plan. And so Father I leave this matter in Your loving Hands. Man sees the body but You see the heart.You see the hearts of this couple and you see and know their deepest desire. You Word says that if we have faith as much as one grain of mustard seed, what ever we ask for will be granted. So I add my faith to the faith of this couple and to the faith of all who are praying for them and I ask this favour in Jesus’ name. Amen

Jackie

No God…no love
Know God…know love

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Praying

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.