Pray for a struggling college student

Recently my spiritual life has taken a hit and I can’t find any peace in my faith. I have been struggling with masturbation and can’t overcome it. The worst part is I know it is wrong and it does not satisfy but it still continues, kinda like I’m trapped in my own body. I have never been comfortable sharing my struggle with my fellow believers here at school because I fear what they would think of that struggle of mine.

Also, I have been majorly slacking in my studies. I need to be diligent as the semester comes to an end. Like I said, my spiritual life has become nearly non-existent due to the masturbation and laziness. I’ve prayed for help in these areas before but even that has stopped. So I turn to you all now for help.

Thanks for the prayers and thoughtfulness
Peace be with you all!

Loving God,

We come before you tonight as your loving but imperfect and sometimes sinful children. We ask for your mercy and pardon, and the strength to fight the behaviors and things we know we shouldn’t do because they do not contribute to the greater glory of God. We lift up our friend scpb2277 and ask for your loving guidance and mercy as scpb2277 deals with and tries to overcome this addiction. Please help scpb2277 to know and feel the unconditional love you have, and to know that you will always forgive as long as we continue to make the genuine attempts to change our sinful ways and live out the calling you have for our lives. Please help scpb2277 to see that your call for us to love each other as you have loved us is not possible when we participate in this type of behavior as we degrade and subvert the love we should have for all your children through selfish and unfulfilling acts. Please give scpb2277 the courage, fortitude, and fear of the Lord to continue with the conversion process and seek your forgiveness and support through the Sacraments, especially reconciliation. Dear God, please help scpb2277 to know that all have sinned and all have fallen short of the mark, and we all are praying with great love and fervor that this behavior and addiction in scpb2277’s life may be healed. Please send something healthy and Holy into scpb2277’s life to occupy and the fill the void that is present in these sinful and lazy behaviors, in accordance with your divine and perfect will.

Lord, we also ask that your send your warm and comforting Holy Spirit to be with scpb2277 to rekindle the love of your blessed and Holy Trinity and your Sacraments. Please strengthen scpb2277’s faith, courage, and hope in Your divine providence and plan for his/her life. Lord, we also ask that you grant scpb2277 the ability to get refocused on your plan for his/her life and embrace and succeed at his/her studies to give you the glory and the honor of his/her works at college.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

I ask You Lord to help this struggling college student.
Help this person to begin recovery from the depression that undermines spiritual life when a persistent fault damages self esteem.
Please help this person to find more positive ways of overcoming this fault that worries this person along with many other persons.
As this general malaise also affects this person’s study I ask you to inspire a renewed dedication to study. Thank You Lord.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

I am praying for you

Our Father, Who art in Heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name
Thy Kingdom come
Thy will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day
Our daily bread
And forgive us our tresspasses
As we forgive those
Who tresspass against us
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
Amen

Loving God,

We lift up our continued prayers and intentions for your child scpb2277. Please hear the persistent prayers of your loving people.

Amen.

I will remember you in my daily rosaries, daily Masses and daily adoration time. Please go seek spiritual direction from a good holy priest. You’ll see, he’ll be able to help you get over this problem of yours. He’ll know how to direct you. If you are too embarrased to talk with a priest you know, go to another parish and I pray you will find a good special priest to help you with this addiction of yours and rut of laziness that seems to be a direct consequence of it. The laziness could be a result of your first problem, so get help from a priest ASAP so your soul and school work doesn’t have to suffer any more. Please know that we are all praying for you. Try to pray too and please contact a good priest. Pray that Jesus directs you to the right priest to help you. Soon your wounds will heal and you’ll be holier than ever before.

Hail Mary, full of grace the Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us, sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Remember o most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, we fly unto you o Virgin of virgins, our Mother. To you do we come. Before you we stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer us. Amen.

Help this person to begin recovery from the depression that undermines spiritual life when a persistent fault damages self esteem.
Please help this person to find more positive ways of overcoming this fault that worries this person along with many other persons.
As this general malaise also affects this person’s study I ask you to inspire a renewed dedication to study. Thank You Lord.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent,
but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for you…

Lord, please guide him…take care of him and hope he will be able to surpass the trials he is facing right now

God bless you my friend

noodles

Loving God,

We lift up our continued prayers and intentions for your child scpb2277. Please hear the persistent prayers of your loving people.

Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent,
but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will,
which is love and mercy itself.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do you, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God,
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

I know how you feel. This is holding a lot of us back in our spiritual lives. Sometimes I feel low self esteem as well or like a failure. God bless

Praying…

St Michael Archangel, defend us in our day of battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray. Oh do thou Prince of the heavenly host by the power of God cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Help scbp2277 in his struggles. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.