Pray for all Catholics to radiate joy to everyone they meet

Hi,

About five years ago, I was in a mental health day program. I had some really bad emotional and psychological problems. I certainly still do, but I am much better today. I started reading theology and spiritual books then. One of the books I read was Total Surrender by Mother Teresa. While waiting for different support groups to start I would pace back and forth in the nearby kitchen reading out loud from whatever book I had with me. In Mother Teresa’s book, she said something to the effect of “I want all of my sisters to radiate joy to everyone they meet.” I read this out loud and one of the young woman in the support group who had seemed to be very sad and quiet walked in the room and very shyly said “Thank you for reading that. It gave me a lot of comfort.” I don’t really remember everything, but I just thought I’d share what I remember of it.

But my prayer request is that we pray that all of us Catholics radiate joy. Fall of last year I decided I wasn’t going to go to school because I was going to focus on writing a book about the Eucharist called “The Joy of Jesus”. I never really got anywhere with it although I did grow greatly in my knowledge and devotion in the faith, going to Mass and Eucharistic adoration everyday that I could. I was really joyful then. It wasn’t until an atheist aunt of mine started attacking me as naive and obsessed with the Catholic Church that my faith was temporarily shattered. But I’ve come back again, this time I think for good. I just know too much is true and I’ve experienced so much confirmation of the truth of the Catholic faith as Jesus taught it, that only when the Devil clouds my memory do I fall away fromt the Church again. And I don’t think the Devil will have any more hold on me. I’ve made to many good prayerful friendships with other Catholics, where before I was going it alone, considering I am the only one of my family and friends I’ve met before going to Church, who actually goes to Mass and practices the faith. I just want to say that all of you at Catholic Answers Forums and catholic.com have helped me greatly. You help me to radiate joy to other people, and I want to thank all of you and also all the saints, angels, faithful, and God Himself for that.

Please pray that we continue to radiate joy and grace to all who surround us.

Does anyone know any good books or writings or particularly prayers or songs about this subject. Personally, my favorite poem is Friedrich Schiller’s “Ode to Joy” which Beethoven set to music in his 9th symphony. That composer brought me closer to the universal Composer more than any other person besides Jesus.

God bless you and keep praying,
Joshua

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.

Amen.

I will pray that the Lord may give us all strength and graces to be joyful to all others.

Lord, please give us the graces we need to radiate joy to others. May the joy of the Resurrection always be strong in our lives. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

Heavenly Father, grant that we all know Your Joy!!!

Amen! :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.