Pray for an old friend

I found out…a guy…I was friends with…we were not super tight but he was a good guy but had some baggage…he…is my age…42…but has used coke and later heroin on and off…a. Long time…in and out of rehabs…I don’t have all the details but…he is…in…what…sounds like a near coma…( Ive not seen him in over 10+ years) I got a brief…email from his cousin in Dallas standup guy…but…I good see he was distraught in the short e I got…it sounds like he was using Heroin again…it sounded like he was getting some almost uncut Stuff but he was …he has a self destructive side, the type who would risk…shooting a uncut heroin…nasty stuff as it is…uncut or even a high % is begging for overdose. I will try to update…and find out more…but…I’m heartbroken for him and his family…I don’t even know the hospital…his Cuz was so obviously upset in the e he left it out…so pray…for him…the Doctors, and his family. Thank you.

May our Lord have mercy on your friend and come to his assistance. May your friend cry out to the Lord for help and desire to change his destructive habits. May your friend see how much he needs our Lord and begin to say Yes! to Him. Amen.

Praying for your friend and his family. :frowning: That’s terrible

Praying for them.

God bless you.

Praying…

Thanks much…still…I cannot find his Cuz…his Mobile picks up…but he may be at…whatever hospital in the DFW area…lots there so …don’t really know much of his other family other than briefly meeting his Mom and Dad 4…5 times…

… Just got a message on my iPad … he passed about an hour ago… He had been shooting coke …and heroin …it’s a horrible addictive cocktail / poison…called speedballling. He was using such a heavy amount and a high purity…it took him into/ resp/renal/and a huge blow across the entire CNS… I know this sounds strange…I am trying to tell myself he was trying for a bigger high…as bad as it is he had an almost self destructive side…I’m sitting here trying to convince myself… It was not suicide . It keep popping up…for me…he was a longtime addict but in sick way an addict who is that…experienced …Jeez…he would know that an almost 80 level uncut is …to die…I want to think he was going to cut it and forgot…I know it sounds sick I rather would think that but it’s easier than thinking suicide . What were you doing Whit…

Pray for his family …his mom and dad I know had him in rehabs all over the place…I know he went to Hazeldon and Ford at least …I know they had hopes dashed over and over …I cannot imagine…

Update. Spoke to his Cousin . He said Whits parents are more in shock than grief, he even feels…sadly…some relief…please don’t misread that…they loved him…and did not “want” him to die! He meant relieved in the sense…this has been going on I think at a heavy degree since 1988. I say sad that the relief is born not in joy of his death but of seeing both his mind and body wrecked , of in out of rehab clinics. Only to have hopes shattered over and over. But they are numb. I ask all to keep them in prayer. Thank you.

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen.

:crossrc:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.