Pray for Bile Bears!

Hi everyone.

I have something of an unusual prayer request today. Usually as Catholics we are supposed to pray for other human beings. But I am asking you to pray to Jesus, Mary, St. Francis, whoever, to help “Bile bears”

These are asian black bears that are forced to live in small, coffin like cages, and have their bile extracted from them. Some bears have to live their whole lives in these cages!:frowning:

These bears are highly intelligent. One Mother bear, after she escaped from her cage, strangled her cub with her paw, and ran into a metal door repeatedly, purposely killing herself, so neither her nor her cub would have to go back to the cages…:frowning:

Here is some more description animalsasia.org/index.php?UID=MZE3QCQ4RPV

If you could manage some prayers, that would be great.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

That is just too cruel for words.

Linus2nd

At first glance, I thought the title said “Bible Bear”. I was like, “There are bears that are Christian; Christian bears?”
Anyhow, that is such a sad story. I prayed for God’s little creatures! :thumbsup: :slight_smile:

We can offer prayers for any intention, not just for people. God loves all of His Creation.

We pray, Dear Lord, for all Your creation to be protected and respected ~ especially these bears.

So the bear is liberal on abortion and euthanasia?

I hope your kidding. Its more like she was crazy, depressed, desperate and confused.

Bears cant be held to the same standard as human beings you know…

Btw, I know the Church teaches bears and other creatures do not have souls. So that for sure means they have no heaven to go to? Or some peaceful, pleasent nature afterlife?

Or are they just dead, and that is it? When I was little I believed that animals went to heaven, and part of me hopes that is the case…

The Church’s position is that animals do indeed have souls; however, their souls are “material” while ours are “spiritual”. The difference is that the animal soul supposedly will cease to exist at its death. They would not, therefore, go to Heaven and see God. I haven’t researched yet the basis for this position in-depth and can’t at this moment argue the point. But, in my heart, I know that animals have souls, that their souls are immortal and that they will be in Heaven. In the Gospels of Matthew and Luke, we can infer this idea by Jesus’ explanation about** how the Father cares for every individual sparrow and how this care does not end.** To my mind, this means that the bears will be in Heaven. :heaven:

Hear our humble prayer, O God,
for our friends, the animals,
especially for those who are suffering;
for animals that are overworked,
underfed, and cruelly treated;
for all the wistful creatures in captivity,
that beat their wings against bars;
for any that are hunted or lost or deserted,
or frightened or hungry;
for all that must be put to death.
We entreat for them all
Thy mercy and pity,
and for those who deal with them,
we ask a heart of compassion
and gentle hands and kindly words.
Make us, ourselves,
to be true friends to animals
and so to share
the blessings of the Merciful.

Amen.

My understanding is that the Church does not express one way or the other if animals are in heaven.

God is all loving. So if animals are in heaven or are not in heaven, we trust God’s decision knowing that His plan for his creations is loving.

And how, exactly, does anyone know this?

Peace

Tim

Park rangers got a statement from Yogi and Boo Boo.

Yes and no. Yes, the Church is not specific; but, we are to believe that because animals have no sanctifying grace, they cannot receive the Beatific Vision. So, if they do not see God, are animals in Heaven? The Church does not now answer the question. I am repeating myself, but the Church does say that animals do not have **immortal **souls. Their “material” souls die with the death of the animal. At least, this is the Church’s current opinion.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.