Pray for Cherry Painaga "victim of Gapos Gang"

Pls pray for the repose of my sister soul Cherry R. Painaga
she passed-away last October 8, 2008

Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 01:36:00 10/09/2008

Robbers shoot, wound woman
A young woman was shot in the stomach while trying to fight off robbers who barged into her house, hogtied her mother and siblings and took their cell phones and money late Tuesday night in Pasig City. Cherry Painaga was reported to be in critical condition at the Rizal Medical Center where she was rushed for a gunshot wound she sustained during a robbery staged by suspected “Gapos” gang members, investigators said and died after the operation in Medical City.

The incident occurred at about 11:30 p.m. inside the Painagas’ house at 21 E. Santos St., Barangay San Joaquin, said Chief Supt. Leon Nilo de la Cruz, Eastern Police District director. Based on the initial probe, the five robbers, brandishing .38 caliber pistols, broke into the Painagas’ house and hogtied all six members of the household: Cherry, her mother Gloria and siblings Jericho, Sandra, Aina and Pamela.

Cherry tried to resist but one of the armed men shot her in the stomach, according to a report by Insp. Belinog Zenampan of the Pasig Police Station. The robbers reportedly tried but failed to rape two of the siblings, but De la Cruz said he was not aware of the rape attempt.
Investigators said Jericho was able to free himself from being tied and screamed for help, prompting the robbers to flee. De la Cruz said the suspects managed to take only four cell phones and around P60,000 to P72,000 in cash.
Edit/Delete Message

Praying for your family.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,

Amen.

I am praying.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

I’ve said a prayer for Cherry in another thread. This one is for you and your family …

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,

Amen

Dear Lord, I pray for Cherry that You console her soul from the havoc she experienced at her death. I pray her soul be happy with You and all the angels and saints for all eternity.
I pray for Cherry’s family, that they may recover from this tragedy by placing all their trust in You and your healing power. May this tragedy make them grow more close in their relationship to you and among themselves. May they always turn to you and Mary in their sad memories of what happened to their dear family member and may they be a family again in heaven one day, where their will be no sadness or weeping, only joy. Give them strength. I ask all this in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Dear Sandra, I can only imagine the sheer horror of all that your family went through during this home invasion and that you are going through now.
You surely all feel exhausted with grief and shock.

My love and prayer for each of you. I will keep your family in my prayers and daily Masses.
:grouphug: Trishie

I continue to pray for this tragically bereaved and traumatised family.
Lord please surround them with Your light and love.

Please pray for my sister Cherry Painaga. My cousin dreamed her last night. she is asking why there’s no lighted candle in her place, the place was dark… she couldn’t walk. She didn’t heard the prayers anymore.

I love her so much… miss her so much. when this dream was heard by my mother, she started crying :frowning:

Please include her to your prayers, her complete name is Cherry R. Painaga.

Our next hearing will be on August 23, 2014 at 1:00PM. Its almost 5 years, wht we need now is your prayers. Please help us specially my sister Cherry.

Still praying for comfort, and ultimate justice which we may not see yet.

[INDENT]Prayer for Cherry’s eternal rest

Eternal rest grant to Cherry Painaga, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon HER May she and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

A Prayer for Cherry’s Family

Come close to the broken hearted. Console and join them in their anger. Teach them how to be angry without turning bitter. Show them how to transfer their demand for justice into your hands. Give them patient hope that in the span of eternity all truth will be told and all scales will be balanced. May they find you in their sorrow, and find from you what only you can provide… A hope that does not disappoint. Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.

:signofcross:[/INDENT]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.